Mcgrew Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well just got back from the Mcgrew this past weekend, and let me tell you it was one hell of a trip. ( I mean that in a Good way)

First night My Wife,14 month old daughter, and me camped at the nicest camp ground I think i have ever stayed at. It was right on the Smith river perfect for swimming. THe next day got up early (beacause I was excited), off to O'brien to meet up with everybody. Got there and meet a lot of great people. THe FJ trail team was there with there FJ's. and about 20 other rigs. The Trail not to give it way but, it was nothing like I expected, I was in 4low the entire trip. One hell of a bumpy ride. It was awesome. Good thing is that i did'nt break anything, plus I forgot to fix the broken exhust braket that i broke on the high rock trip, so i got to hear that clack around all day. Anyways that night we stayed again on the smith river, had a potluck dinner and a small raffle. Funniest part was when Tony asked my wife to pull out a ticket, she pulled my ticket out of the box, blind luck i guess. I won a shirt and some valve stem caps, not one of the bigger prizes but who cares. Anyways my daughter continues even after we got home to say "up-down" I think she enjoyed the bumpy ride. Well I'm planning on going back next year if any of you guys want to go together. I highly recommend it.

Josh

Sound like a great time. I used to camp on the Smith river as a kid, where did you guys camp?

Joanne and I will probably do a lot more trips next year, we'll keep this one in mind.

The first night we camped at a place called Patricks ............ I can't remember the last part, anyways it right on highway 199 just west of O'brien about 15 miles. The next night the camp ground was called sourdough camp ground. It was about a 2hr trip on a forest service road from o'brien.

We used to go to Panther flats, just west of Partick Creek, or Knopki Creek. Knopki Creek was a primative camp we found one time when all the developed campgrounds were full. We lived on the coast and had to spend the night somewhere so we took a FS road and stumbled on this great little hidey hole.

Sounds like fun. We'd be interested next year too!

Sounds like fun. We'd be interested next year too!

Next year is comming up!!! But I'm even in limbo at this point, due to some changes about where I'm going to live and such, but I'm leaning more towards going then not. Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom