McCaslin Mountain, WI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
Woody,

What's up with your rig? Need a hand with anything?

Ali

[quote author=alia176 link=board=4;threadid=8447;start=msg72136#msg72136 date=1070723630]
What's up with your rig? Need a hand with anything?
[/quote]

hehehe....honestly, I'm not sure what I'd have you do besides offer advice and drink my beer...which believe me, is just fine anytime!

Last week, the t-case came out, and the plate adapter...that's at the machine shop now...getting a new one made with some "minor adjustments".

I pulled the front bumper this morning, the winch, and all related brackets....and the front spring hangers. Gonna replace the hangers with new, box the framerails, and do a new bumper/crossmember.

Breaking for some email and a Coke (tm) right now...

This aft, pulling the rear axle entirely, dropping the springs and hangers, cutting out the crossmember behind the t-case.

Later this aft, if still motivated and not bleeding to badly, will tack in the 4-link lower frameside mounts and start the design process.

....just another bored day in the shop....

I posted up over there, never heard of that board before.

I possibly plan on heading up there.

Taking the cruiser for a weekend of carnage.

Anyone else here planning on going?

Woody, I'd offer ya a seat, but the miss's would kill me

:D

[quote author=weigellj link=board=4;threadid=8447;start=msg74488#msg74488 date=1071162213]Woody, I'd offer ya a seat, but the miss's would kill me[/quote]

lol...dat's ok, since I need to spend that weekend working on my rig anyways...however, I now find out I've got two 5 day weekends in a row, so it might even be testable by that point! (doubt it, but never know!)

ill prolly go...now that i dont have a job anymore i have lots of time! :D

Max

That sounds cool if you go. I think I have all my bugs worked out and everything should be good. I was up there last weekend and it pretty much was dry and frozen for the most part.

Woody

If you get it done after that and want to go out and test, I am game to go...

I am thinking I am going to get a camper and sleep up there for the nite.

if i go for sure...and i have to make sure first, but we have two mobile homes that can sleep 10 each at least (in comfort) and any land cruiser guys are welcome to stay there! (appx 15 mins from campground/trails) in townsend.

edit: btw, im sure you all would appreciate the sauna after a hard day of wheelin! :D

Max

Did you figure out if you are going yet? I can bring Beer/Food? Anyone else from the board planning on going? Going to work on my cruiser tonite. Going to try and eliminate some unneeded wiring.

:beer:

Lee

ok, well i have school the monday after that weekend, so i can only stay up until sunday. i can go up as early as i want to, so let me know when you guys plan on heading up. btw, the offer for free lodging is still open, so let me know who wants to stay at my cottage. i can sleep at least 20 ppl, so space isnt an issue, we also have water and a shower, and we are about 15 mins away from mc causlin campground so your trailer queens dont have that long of a ride :flipoff2:

lemme know if you're interested!

15 min on the road.... :D

I suppose all that wiring I ripped out monday nite, I should replaced. The crusier is wireharnessless. I should have it all rewired this weekend.

I plan on sat am and then leaving sunday sometime.

I will PM ya max and get you my cell and we can figure it out.

anyone still going? i'm game if you guys don't mind a little samurai with a few mods taggin along.
i live in CECIL and can meet you guys at the amoco or up at McCauslin.
i'm lookin to have some fun, i got a lot of pent up winter energy.
let me know,
dan

I still plan on going. Hopefully I can get the 40 mods completed on Jan 1 provided I don't booze it up too much the nite before. :D

I think I am going to go up early sat. and come home sat nite. With the packers now in the playoffs, I would like to be home sunday for the game.

Amaco or MCcastlin is fine with me, if you want to meet on sat morning is good for me.

Just make sure someone has called the campground to check on trail conditions....with the warmish weather, it may be very soft back there, and rutting the hell out of the trails isn't the best idea....

Wish I could go, but I need the shop time to get mine reassembled before Spring!

brian, things are pretty froze up around here again, was out on shawano lake with sammy today and measured 11" ice all over.
anyway do you have the # for McCaslin handy? i don't have a phone book that goes that far north.
Weigllj... what time at the amoco in cecil? anyone else going?
dan

W 15720 County Highway F
Silver Cliff, Wisconsin 54104
Phone: 715-757-3734 or 715-757-2561 :D

Dan

I posted over on the other board to see what time everyone was going. Do you wanna figure 8:00 am at the amoco? I have a Extended cab dodge that will be pulling the 40.

How much snow is up there? I heard that the sled trails got shut down for lack of snow. I plan on calling today to see how much snow they have. Later

Lee

most of the snow got wiped out by the rain but i'm shur some has hung on in the woods. safe to say there will be plenty of slippery, icy trails to keep things interesting.
i'll be at the amoco by 8:00am, i only live bout 4 blocks away.
dan

is that the amaco in shawno or lakewood? (dont even recall if there is one in LW). i will prolly go up friday night, but if you are meeting at the amaco in shawno, then you could meet me at the citgo in lakewood and we could head down F from there...let me know! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom