MC Pressure Check Valves (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JJS

Threads
Prior to pulling my MC and rebuilding it, the PC valve for my rear circuit was leaking. The MC was also leaking out of the rear, and down the booster. Was the pressure check valve open because the circuit had air in it, or is it just junk? I'm not exactly sure how they work. I forgot to order a replacement.

Prior to pulling my MC and rebuilding it, the PC valve for my rear circuit was leaking. The MC was also leaking out of the rear, and down the booster. Was the pressure check valve open because the circuit had air in it, or is it just junk? I'm not exactly sure how they work. I forgot to order a replacement.

If you MC was leaking into your booster, don't be surprised when the booster fails. Brake fluid in the booster will eventually caused the seals to fail.

I'm talking about #5 on here. I don't think there's more than one direction in which they can be installed

http://www.sor.com/shared/image/014C.gif

You know, I think blowing into these from both ends should test them, though. Thanks.

#5 in the pic is a pressure valve for brake warning lights. Nothing to do with brake operation. If one of the masters fail, the light comes on at the dash.

#5 in the pic is a pressure valve for brake warning lights. Nothing to do with brake operation. If one of the masters fail, the light comes on at the dash.

Thanks. I weren't sure what they did as I don't have brake warning lights.

I may as well add a new booster to the list as well. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom