May Trail Ride - Saturday, May 19th Medano Pass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We plan to make the Medano Pass run.

Camping to be determined.

Medano Pass Saturday May 19

Meet at the Safeway on S. Nevada and Cheyenne Road
between 8:00 and 8:30, leave at 8:30

Those coming from Pueblo and Canon City, meet us at Carl's Jr in Florence @ 9:15

We will trave highway 67 to Wetmore, then Hwy 96 to Westcliff

In Westcliff we will meet those from New Mexico at the Shell Station @ 10:00 -10:15

Anyone interested in camping please post

For those returning on Saturday, Deer Peak and Little Froze road are open and could be an alternate route back.

Todd, the guy that bought my LX450 said you were next to each other at cruise Moab, he was in a mini truck with his wife.

Todd, the guy that bought my LX450 said you were next to each other at cruise Moab, he was in a mini truck with his wife.
Cool! Wonder if that was the guy who ran Top of the World with us? I didn't have a mini truck next to me at camp but we did meet a nice couple on that trail in a mini truck. What was his name?....want to welcome him to the Lexus club :princess: He was impressed with the 80 and glad he got a good one:clap:

Matthew is his name, from Denver area. It was at top of the world, small world huh. Don’t know his screen name, I thought I heard him say he is pretty new to MUD. He knew a lot about 80s and what to look for buying one.

Medano Pass Saturday May 19

In Westcliff we will meet those from New Mexico at the Shell Station @ 10:00 -10:15

See you in Westcliffe at the Shell Station (Hwy 69 south edge of town).

Great day, great group!

IMG_2671.JPG

IMG_2672.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

Mary and I enjoyed meeting a fine group of folks and a great (and long) day on the trails. Medano pass to Great Sand dunes is always a treat. The return trip via CR305 => Gardner Rd => Deer Peak Rd => Little Froze Rd was a real hoot. We were in the clouds, sleet and snow was accumulating, it was getting dark and I was low on gas. We got to the intersection of Little Froze Rd and Ophir Creek Rd at 8 PM. Made it back to Raton at 10:50 PM

It was a blast - thanks to all!

006.JPG

005.JPG

Last edited:
This is the trail with numerous river crossings, right? I took my 80 down that trail a few summers back and the water was over the hood in some places. Beavers had dammed up the river, making the water levels higher. How was it this year?

Reactions: SAS
Was probably hub deep, maybe a little more.

Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom