MAY ROTM: Swansea, Alamo Lk & More: Sat, May 5th 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

man you guys are killing me with these scheduled runs. I never seem to luck out on the dates. I'd love to do this run in my 62 as I'm a west-sider anyways but I'll be in Moab that whole week before! y'all have fun.

Tired of missing scheduled ROTM? Pick a month for your ROTM and substantially increase your odds of making it.:D I believe September is available :idea:

Tired of missing scheduled ROTM? Pick a month for your ROTM and substantially increase your odds of making it.:D I believe September is available :idea:
I appreciate your confidence Phil but I’m a newb that’s mechanically and directionally challenged and just hoping to emerge from Moab unscathed along with Norm. Maybe by next year...???

I am still in. I think I will just meet everyone in Wickenburg. Since we live so far SE now it makes sense. I still will probably bring my trailer. Silly for one night but if I go tent only I have to transfer gear and I'm lazy.

Who else is camping?

FYI for the group. I wanted to clear up any confusion about this trip.

This will be an overnight, we will not cover everything in 1 day and will camp most likely in a large wash about midway through. Sunday we will pass by the bus and the old ranch graves.

If anyone is not able to overnight and wanted to just do the day trip, it will cover the old mining town of Swansea and a run down to the Bill Williams river.

Crossing this river is still a question, I have been assured that we can cross east of the pipeline whereas the normal crossing point is too deep at least it was on the 21st of April. Either way there is an alternative route to complete the trip if we are unable to cross.

If there any still any questions feel free to post or PM me.

PS, this trip is very trailer friendly.

Thanks

Gotta drop out but for a worthy reason. My kids baseball team will be in the state championship series that weekend. I grew up in Parker. Many fond memories exploring the mines in the area. Swansea was particularly cool because it descended at about a 45deg angle with a rickety ladder. Enjoy

Looks like I won't be able to make this one-- just found out I have to travel out of town on Sunday for work. Fun times. Hope this run is great! Take lots of pics.:cheers:

Man.. I'm out as well. Got stuck with a home project that needs to be completed by this weekend.

I'm out. Urg! One of these weekends! Have fun!

I'm headed to wickenburg for the meet up in the morning. It is gonna be hot on Saturday and Sunday so bring lots of water.

Alvis is out, has to work this weekend at the shop. I got an IM from Ben that he is coming and possibly Jason of they can get Jason's 4Runner in order. They too will be meeting up in Wickenburg

See you guys tomorrow

@ARJMN and I will be heading off from Tucson shortly. Will see you guys in Wickenburg and will be listening to 146.460 MHz.

IMG_3497.JPG
IMG_3498.JPG
IMG_3500.JPG
IMG_3501.JPG
IMG_3502.JPG
Great day and very scenic run, thanks for setting this up James and Christine.

8 trucks with 10 people, only one non camper.

Thanks for arranging a great run!

I missed the restaraunt but found a car wash and de-gassed the truck bed.

No flames - cheated death once more :skull::rofl:

Pics when I get home.

AF68F8B6-C4E0-4486-9105-660F836CE746.jpeg
7C2F0CCC-987E-4978-9267-AC320C5BD042.jpeg
93120C5A-DF4B-4F21-A470-35D80713802F.jpeg
James and Christine - thanks for a great run. 100+ Miles off road is always a great time. Chris @Louder good call on camping at the mouth of the slot canyon. Glad the clouds gave way to some amazing star gazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom