MAY ROTM: Swansea, Alamo Lk & More: Sat, May 5th 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
MEETING LOCATION 1
N. Phoenix Meeting Time: 8am depart 8:15am
N. Phoenix Meeting Location: 33°47'57"N 112° 7'42"W (Chevron Gas Station Carefree Hwy and I-17)

MEETING LOCATION 2
Wickenburg Meeting Time: 9:30 am depart before 10am
Wickenburg Meeting Location: 33°57'42"N 112°46'15"W (Safeway Wickenburg)

Optional Breakfast: I plan on being at the Cowboy Cookin restaurant at about 8:45am. (495 E Wickenburg Way, Wickenburg, AZ 85390) On my prerun the Horseshoe cafe was very busy, hard to get a table.

This run will cover parts of central western AZ, it will circle around the western side of Alamo Lake from south to north. Our first visit will be the Swansea ghost town followed by other sites as we get to and cross Alamo Lake on the North end, see list below.

This is an overnight, lots of miles to cover, we hit the dirt in Wenden AZ there will be no services until we return to Wickenburg, gas is available just before the trail, this is under a tank of fuel but I will bring gas if anyone should need.

This run is planned to be stocker friendly, I have run these road many times and my recollection is some washouts that may need to be crossed but no rocks. The terrain is graded roads, wide washes and old mining roads.

Sites in order of appearance
Swansea AZ, mining ghost town
34.16909, -113.8436
Swansea, Arizona - Wikipedia

swansea.jpg

Bill Williams River
We will be crossing the river at this point, water is never high and normally just pooled with ability to travel edge of pools, never seen it high then a couple of feet at crossing point.
34°13'48.97"N, 113°46'59.12"W

J Spencer Bus
34°18'27.98"N 113°32'17.98"W
JSpencer-18-Bus-stuck-in-mud-Alamo-Lake
JSpencer-18-Bus-stuck-in-mud-Alamo-Lake.jpg

CAMPAS Cemetery
34.300299, -113.499378
Alamo Lake, Campas Cemetery
Alamo Graves.jpg

Tentative Attending List
1. Murf (Tentative)
2. SaddleTramp
3. D_Web
4. Cruddz
5. Abigail
6. brices123 (no kids)
7. ScottyDog (90% Maybe)
8. Verruckt1
9. Mattman
10. f5driver
11. Dissent
12. ProBro
etc

Route, free drawn, not GPS acurate.
ROUTE.jpg

Last edited:
this looks like a fantastic trip with many points of interest. I will plan on it if Im in town that weekend - have a trip planned out of state early in May.

Thanks !

I'm keen.

Probably in for this one, had a good time last Alamo Lake run, although it didn't quite go as planned.... @Dimples

Edit: I also suggest optional meetup spot spot at Horseshoe Cafe in Wickenburg :)

We are in. No kids.

I'm a 90% maybe.. my timing and home life seem to want to contradict the CSC ROTM dates.. :bang:

I’ll be there.

Although the prerun revealed an issue with the Bill Williams river it appears that this is the last weekend of water release and we should be OK for this run. It may be warm, it was 100 at Swansea in the afternoon of the prerun but the evening cooled down nice.

man you guys are killing me with these scheduled runs. I never seem to luck out on the dates. I'd love to do this run in my 62 as I'm a west-sider anyways but I'll be in Moab that whole week before! y'all have fun.

I'm pretty sure I'm in!

Please put me in as an in. I would probably bring my trailer for this one. I would camp for sure.

I like the narrows on the other side of the lake. We stayed at the lake for a few weeks once while we rebuilt the power lines for the camp ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom