May ROTM- 5/30 Coconino NF (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a Ham and am not licensed but will transmit over it.

Found this video today of a group doing the Casner Mountain trail a couple of years ago. It is a long video, but you get a good view of the road.

Not a kid friendly video (swearing).

See everyone tomorrow.

We plan to be at mcdonalds by 730. Looking forward to this one. See you guys tomorrow

Found this video today of a group doing the Casner Mountain trail a couple of years ago. It is a long video, but you get a good view of the road.

Not a kid friendly video (swearing).

See everyone tomorrow.

Oh my God!!! It's Effie!She is a hoot. This couple has documented tons of trails, if you can put up with the dialog. You should hear her on Black Bear Pass in Ouray. The views are still fantastic, but the trail has been graded out a lot from the good old days. There used to be some huge ledges that required some hard wheeling to get over. Now it looks like it is all 2 wheel drive. Have fun.

What an incredible run. Thank you Eric (@Pitch) and Tanya. Great camping spot too. Great friends. Will post photos later.
Thank you again.

P.S. If anyone has any video or photos of me pulling the trailer up Casner #8, please post or PM me. Thanks.

Thanks to everyone who came out for this run. Everyone had a great attitude, and it made for a great trip!

Notes from the trip:

-Brice was a boss with the trailer!
-We need more CB's on the trail!
-Stormtrooper should be called "Swamp Donkey" since he loves the mud.
-Camping with lots of first time campers is really fun.
-Reliable vehicles mean no on trail failures.
-We covered almost all ways to 4x4 and then sleep at night: ground tents, RTT's, off road trailers, hammocks, awning tents, pop up tents, and sleeping platforms… very impressive array.
-I will never tire of staring at red rocks… they are dreamy.

Pics from the day:

The climb up Casner Mtn (4x4 Lombard St)
IMG_1923.JPG

Stormtrooper pre-mud
IMG_1926.jpg

Goldy in his big, bad 80
IMG_1932.JPG

lunch spot for the day
IMG_1925.JPG

Last edited:
What a Great Run!!! Thanks Pitch for organizing this. Great group of people!!!! Little Rudy got the most attention. Will post pics during the week. Brices was epic pulling that trailer.

Made it home safe and sound. Let my boy run the 25 miles back to pavement. He did an awesome job! My CB only goes about a mile before becoming garbled, may need to get that 4 foot antenna to replace my 2 footer after all.

Thank you for the awesome run and first rate guidance Pitch. I'm a native and have never seen such a scenic view. I'll be hauling the wife and family back to the camp site in the near future (taking the exit route, or else you'd swear I was hauling Effie) ;)

Props to Brice for hauling that awesome trailer around God's back country and for the plate of bacon this morning. Camping isn't complete without Bacon!

Loved the mud bogging there Stormtrooper. Feel bad for your neighbors down the hill when you wash it off.

Thanks for the great experience and as always, all the awesome land cruiser folks comprising this club. First rate experience all the way around!

I'll post up pics soon.

Great run by pitch. We left and got part way home with Makenna getting sicker. At 4pm she ended taking an ambulance ride to the er with BP of 180/90 and a hr in the mid 180s. She was almost comatose and her body couldn't get any air. I am writing this from the er and it looks like we will be getting to go home soon. She is now at least smiling and getting oxygen after 5 albuterol treatments and a steroid. Still a sick girl but breathing. Turns out it was just a severe case of croop. Luckily we got back when we did. Crazy day and a strange end to an otherwise fantastic weekend.

Thank god she is ok...Glad you guys were able to make the trip.

These are the views from our campsite

100_5153.JPG

100_5151.JPG

100_5150.JPG

100_5133.JPG

Wow, Jason! Glad she is doing better. Any chance that she has allergies too? The pine pollen up above the rim is going off majorly right now. i could see that compounding some respiratory issues.

Jason, glad you guys made it when you did. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Makenna and you guys. My youngest has bad allergies and had a tough day, but nothing like Makenna.

Well just home from the hospital. Just croup. Makenna still has no voice but her hr is back into a manageable range and she was able to eat. Scared us as she has never had any allergies or asthmatic symptoms. Thanks everyone for the concern. Andy, keep an eye on KRitter as he would be a prime candidate to get sick from her. I didn't know until today that croup is actually an infection of the voice box, hence the loss of voice and narrowed airway.

What an awesome time and incredible camping spot. Thank you so much to @Pitch for introducing me to that breathtaking view. And thank you to everyone who was there. My friend Mose and I truly felt welcome, he commented on that many times. Sorry we took off so early, but we were starved and headed to Mix in Flagstaff for some excellent breakfast. Thank you again!!! Here's a shot of Alvis last night during the sunset we were treated to.

alvis.jpg

sedona-sunset-1.jpg

So sorry to hear about Makenna. Glad she's on the way to feeling better. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Tell her that Sam and Dylan hopes she feels better. Pitch, thanks again for leading a truly epic off road adventure. Great group of people, epic scenery and the wind high over us in the trees as we slept.

Absolutely great run! I have tons of Go-pro video and pics to sort through, which i will hopefully post within a few weeks.
AQlSmuZ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom