May ROTM 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sound like a plan Steve, how about we meet you at the intersection of 60 & 77 heading out of Globe. Im guessing we will see you around 8:30-ish? We'll watch for you!

Murf
8:30???
Gosh how fast are you planning on driving? I would guess it would take an hour from the shell station to the 60/77 intersection.

I can be waiting at the Taco Bell parking lot, but I'd prefer meeting y'all further north as I plan on camping out Friday night somewhere along highway 60 in the Tonto forest.

:poof: You can PM me if you need to keep the turnoff on the down-low :poof:

Camping, makes sense!
Turnoff is approx 8 miles n from the 60-77 intersection, left turn onto Haystack Butte road. I'll look for you on that road.
Let me know if you change so we know where to watch for ya.
Great!

My Garmin knows where Haystack is and I'll be on it Saturday morning.

I'll be monitoring for chatter on :pig: 146.460 :pig:

I am in as of today.

Okay, looks like I am in for real. What's our headcount, who is camping overnight?

I'm in for camping, with a chance of spouse and mutts attending.

Okay, looks like I am in for real. What's our headcount, who is camping overnight?

haha Funner - looks like there is no backing out now! :p

IN: (and camping as far as I can tell?)
  • MURF
  • LANDCRUISERPHIL
  • FUNNER
  • GWCRUISER
  • OTTER
NOT SURE - (Hope you can make it!):
  • LONGDUCK
  • SCOTTYDOG
And anyone else who might be interested. New members or just new to 4Wheeling; members & non-members more than welcome. Bring your family, friends, and pets if you want. This trip has only a short section of 2.5 miles of 4 wheeling that isnt bad, just slow going. Big lifts and lockers are not required to do it. Good time to get away to a real scenic section of AZ and relax before the heat hits.

2.5 days till May ROTM :steer::bounce:

Last edited:
haha Funner - looks like there is no backing out now! :p

IN: (and camping as far as I can tell?)
  • MURF
  • LANDCRUISERPHIL
  • FUNNER
  • GWCRUISER
  • OTTER
  • STEPMURR
NOT SURE - (Hope you can make it!):
  • LONGDUCK
  • FTBSHOP
  • SCOTTYDOG
And anyone else who might be interested. New members or just new to 4Wheeling; members & non-members more than welcome. Bring your family, friends, and pets if you want. This trip has only a short section of 2.5 miles of 4 wheeling that isnt bad, just slow going. Big lifts and lockers are not required to do it. Good time to get away to a real scenic section of AZ and relax before the heat hits.

2.5 days till May ROTM :steer::bounce:

I am not going to be able to go after all - hope y'all have a good trip.

Gold Canyon to Globe in fifteen minutes, I must be taking the wrong road. Or is that the super charger in the 80 that gets you there that quick?

Sorry we wont see you Steve - next time then...

no, LITP just wishfull thinking ;)

Since there is only a handful of us and no real rush, any interest in stopping in Globe for breakfast and slow-rolling the morning? There are a couple places that will even let scruffy LandCruiser owners come in ...

My preference would be a later start time (coming from west valley Avondale) and stopping for fruhstuck is a definite +1 for me.

Sound like a plan Steve, how about we meet you at the intersection of 60 & 77 heading out of Globe. Im guessing we will see you around 8:30-ish? We'll watch for you!

Murf

new meet time!

Well with a smaller group we certainly dont need to start as early. Lets move the meet time to 8:30 at the Gold canyon gas station. not alot but 30 minutes of beauty sleep can go along way for some people :hillbilly:

Tim,
We are in Superior having a quick bite. If you are running behind us you may catch us at the Buckboard City Cafe. Pm'd my cell #

Had a great time - for once I was on time and thought you folk had already been and gone. Glad you caught up to me.

We were talking meteor storms: here's a link to the one I witnessed: http://leonid.arc.nasa.gov/1966.html These guys give a better description. Mike Jones from Shelton is closest to the Washougal latitude where I was - and is prbbaly the most similar explanation. Like driving through a snowstorm at night - but also had a hissing of noise all around you.

A couple images, first was planning stages: a view down into the valley; then images of Murf's FJ40 posing...
TDM_1608.jpg

TDM_1623.jpg

TDM_1639.jpg

TDM_1642.jpg

TDM_1647.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom