May part the KZJ78 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This isn't a partout thread, but I'd like to gauge interest to see if anyone is interested. A few weeks ago a lady hit us between the front and rear wheel and pushed us on our side. The vehicle is now totaled, and I'm considering buying the salvage to part out. It is a 1993 Landcruiser Prado with a 1KZ-TE. It had some mild mods, a turboback exhaust, a boost controller/gauge, an EGT gauge, a dual pod pillar, a great stereo setup with a fiberglassed amp and 10" sub in the rear, with satellite speakers on the c pillars, and some custom kickpanel setups in the front doors with crossovers and such too. Interior is in great condition. Quite a bit can be sold off the vehicle. I'm located in NC. Post up and let me know, so I can figure out if I want to stick this thing in my garage or let it go. If anyone wants to buy the whole thing, we can discuss that too.

Sorry about your cruiser getting hit. :(

I can just see it already....

59efa3121400003a1b8c97c1.jpg

Sorry to hear that. If you look at the part out section, there are hardly ever any LJ78 or KZJ78's ever on there. I would think with the growing number of LJ and KZJ's coming into the States that it would be worth it, especially if the motor and tranny are still good. The question will be do you have space to keep it as it disappears. GLW it.

Thanks guys. Yeah I do have covered indoor space, so no issue there. Motor and trans are still good to go too. I know the surf/4Runner crowd would be interested in snatching up the motor as well.

Ouch. You must be heartbroken. I know I would be. I hope there were no serious injuries.

It's none of my business, of course, but I'm curious to know if the insurance company gave you anything close to it's actual worth when they totaled it.

Thanks for the well wishes. We were fortunate to come out relatively unscathed. Just some minor bumps and bruises. It really sucks that we lost the truck, but we will take what we have learned from her and move forward. What direction that is we don't yet know. We have been offered $20,000 plus the salvage for the truck. I think that's pretty fair given the market, and is a little over my bottom dollar if I'd have sold it before the accident.

That's encouraging. I often worry about getting lowballed in any insurance claim negotiation due to the lack of comparable vehicles. It's also good to hear no one was seriously hurt.

In answer to your original question, I'm always on the hunt for parts. Nothing's really broken on mine (at the moment), but there are lots of things I'd like to upgrade.

We were lucky the company hired a vehicle expert to investigate the value of the vehicle. We didn't have an appraisal or an agreed upon coverage of our own. Definitely a must for anyone with one of these vehicles.

Vehicle will be at my house in the next 24-48. At that point in time I will make a part out thread. Additionally, the priority will be selling the truck as a whole first. And it will be for a good price. Enough that someone could easily spend the time parting it and make more than they bought it for.

Vehicle will be at my house in the next 24-48. At that point in time I will make a part out thread. Additionally, the priority will be selling the truck as a whole first. And it will be for a good price. Enough that someone could easily spend the time parting it and make more than they bought it for.

Manual transmission or automatic ?

Do you have a/c? Also depending on the interior color, seat belts front and rear.

I have a 91 LJ77 with a brown interior.

Sorry about your accident, glad no one was hurt.

I've started a partout thread in the proper forum. That being said it looks like someone will be picking up the whole truck for $3000. I will confirm with her if she wants her information posted, if so I will let you know and you can go direct with her.

And yes, it did have freshly redone AC system that was working great at the time of the accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom