May Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The date has been set for Saturday, May 17th. This might be a good one to have at Elena Gallegos park.

Any volunteers to do the legwork?

the McCraw's said they would host the Ellena Gallegos one. I'll check if that works for them.

From what I understand Dave is finishing up a lot of contracts right now so they can't do this one. It looks like we're still looking for a place.

Ellen and I had talked about hosting the June meeting, but we can do this one at our house if people don't mind driving out to Tijeras. It should be nice weather to sit out on the deck and check out trucks in the driveway.

We will tentatively plan for 6:00 PM at our house for Saturday, May 17th, unless we hear otherwise. I will be checking for a headcount earlier that week. We will likely be making Ellen's world-famous sloppy joes.

Evan

I might be able to come, depending on whether or not you can get in a case of those same fuzzy caterpillars for my kids to play with like last year.

I might be able to come, depending on whether or not you can get in a case of those same fuzzy caterpillars for my kids to play with like last year.

Marc -

No promises on the caterpillars, but you can just tell the kids we hid them and they have to come on out and find them!

Evan

I am looking forwards to this Evan. Thanks for hosting.

Rory -

We're happy to host. I hope Molly can make it out as well. Maybe Mr. Ali will be in town and he and Michelle can also join us from right down the road.

Hey, aren't you supposed to be on that trans-Utah trip that will end up at Moab on Friday? Or maybe you guys haven't left yet? I thought it was you, Onur, and Ali? Have fun!

Evan

supposed to be. but plans changed :frown:

That's a bummer - sorry to hear that. But as I recall, you're signed up for Thrill on the Hill, so at least you've got that to look forward to in a few short weeks. I had planned to go to Ruidoso again (had a blast last year), but as you say, plans changed. I have to go to a wedding instead...

As of now, I can make it, will try and bring Lauri along. I have to work a special event until about 2pm, so we should be clear. I'd love a trip to the mtns.
Paul

As of now, I can make it, will try and bring Lauri along. I have to work a special event until about 2pm, so we should be clear. I'd love a trip to the mtns.
Paul

Paul -

Glad to hear that you can make it - hopefully Lauri can too. I will ask Jon to post some directions to our house on the website for those of you that haven't been here before - but it will be after Moab.

Evan

Hello all! I recently became the owner of a stock locked 95 FZJ 80 and very interested in joining HDC. I spoke to the prez the other day at work and I would love to make the next high desert cruiser meeting to introduce myself. I hope its ok with Evanz80 that I keep an eye on this post and try to come out. I am also willing to help out or bring anything you might need. Anyway take care aj

I'm not Evan, but heck ya - come on down! Welcome to MUD and HDC.

Tacos?????

Thanks pappy.

I think I know the answer to this rookie question, but I will ask you guys anyway. Are tacos welcome? My buddy owns one and I thought I would ask before I invite him.

Evan owns a Taco. Mike owns a taco. Justin owns a taco. FJ Cruisers are welcome too. As long as it's a Toyota 4WD with a low range it's welcome.

Thats cool. I figured you guys would welcome any 4wd toyota but didn'nt want to assume. you know what happens when one assumes.

Well I see there where directions might be posted on the website but I have not found them yet. Oh just noticed "after Moab":eek:

. But as I recall, you're signed up for Thrill on the Hill, so at least you've got that to look forward to in a few short weeks.

well plans changed for that too. Molly and I have a road trip coming up. Last summer I promised her a beach and this summer I have to deliver. We are either going to California or Puerto Penasco. It will be a fun trip and I thank the gubment for my economic stimulus check.

Hello all! I recently became the owner of a stock locked 95 FZJ 80 and very interested in joining HDC. I spoke to the prez the other day at work and I would love to make the next high desert cruiser meeting to introduce myself. I hope its ok with Evanz80 that I keep an eye on this post and try to come out. I am also willing to help out or bring anything you might need. Anyway take care aj

Bonfire - You're certainly welcome to join us. It's always fun to get together, eat, and talk about trucks. If you work with Shawn, then our house is just about 5 - 10 minutes from the fire station. We're in the Gutierrez Canyon area, which is on the north side of I-40 and a little east of the station. We'll get detailed directions on the website next week. I'm off to Cruise Moab tomorrow and still a million things to get ready.

Just FYI - the meetings are potluck. The hosts usually do some kind of main dish and then guests bring their own drinks and some sort of dish to share. It's informal and fun. Feel free to bring a spouse, significant other, kids or whoever. And bring your truck - we'll want to check out your 80. Also, as Jon mentioned, your buddy with the Tacoma is welcome as well. We'll have some complimentary copies of the Toyota Trails for you potential new members - it's the official magazine of the national group TLCA (Toyota Land Cruiser Association). We're the High Desert Cruisers - the local NM chapter of TLCA.

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your truck!
Evan

well plans changed for that too. Molly and I have a road trip coming up. Last summer I promised her a beach and this summer I have to deliver. We are either going to California or Puerto Penasco. It will be a fun trip and I thank the gubment for my economic stimulus check.

Have fun on the beach!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom