May have found interior panel manufacturer for 60's and 62's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Mudders,
In my quest to find gray interior panels for my 62, I ran across a company in Canby Oregon that can produce the panels. In fact, they can reproduce the fabric for seats as well. The name is SMS Auto fabrics. I am not selling anything, just trying to fix up my interior. Is there anyone in the area that can get with them and show them some panels so that they have an idea what we are looking for? The contact is Doug info@smsautofabrics.com. I'd have no problem being the middle man or even working with a vendor to sell the sets- I have no interest in being a vendor, but I do want a set for myself if we can figure out how to make it work for the right price. PM me if interested/able. I have some ideas.....

PM sent. I live near Canby and can email Doug @ SMS. I know of a few other mudders who have use SMS for FJ60 style seat covers. 62 style in gray and brown would be a nice option for others looking for near OEM replacements.

I'll have to check them out. My blue '86 FJ60 has a grey FJ62 interior, including the door cards, but the '86 FJ60 grey seats with the older, pre-'87 pattern. Looks OK but I may want to upgrade. Thanks for the info.

I’m south of you in Eugene, but also interested pending cost.

There is a need for this for sure. It is very hard to find good seat covers. I think I have seen where they did the tan in the past from another thread. I would love to have a FJ60 blue drivers seat bottom.

There is a need for this for sure. It is very hard to find good seat covers. I think I have seen where they did the tan in the past from another thread. I would love to have a FJ60 blue drivers seat bottom.
I also needed a blue drivers seat bottom for my '86. On my way to northern Colorado a couple of years ago I stopped by Classic Cruisers in Salida. Brandon had a nice passenger seat with very good foam and fabric, so I picked it up (entire seat) on the way home. I had the local upholstery shop swap the fabric over to my drivers seat. The only difference, at least on the seats I had to work with, is that there is a patch of velour (or ???) in the area of the seat reclining handle on the outboard side of the seat. So on the drivers side, after the swap, that velour patch is alongside the "cup holder" on the console and not even noticeable.

I'm interested in a blue also, would be nice to get a fresh set of seat cover for the 60/62.

Posted in another thread, but since I started this thread, here are pictures of the gray fabric. It was a little dark.

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Extremely interested in door panels. I've been contemplating making my own, so the fabric alone interests me. For the right price, I'd just let them make the panels.

Yeah because the old is faded.
I meant because it was getting dark outside. The sample is a little lighter in color, but I suspect that my door panels are just dirty.

Hi, From what I've heard if you pick it up in person that works. If you wait for them to ship it's a problem . Mike

Unfortunately no update. We still need to find someone closer than the five hour drive for me to show them the panels and perhaps make a template. We know they have the matching fabric, I am sure the gray vinyl and some sort of matching carpet shouldn't be an issue. I know that others are interested in blue and brown. I'll try to call them this week and see what exactly they need and be more specific in my request.

I have a set of 4 FJ62 panels I just bought off of eBay, I can look in my garage pile o’ crap and see if I have a complete set of 4 good, uncut panels. I’d be willing to ship them to SMS to examine and make templates.

Thanks for the offer. Let me talk to Doug at SMS this week. I think we only need one from front and back, but also the cargo area panels. I shipped a set to someone and it cost me $110, so not cheap. But that included the seat covers. I'll PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom