Events/Trails May 2021 Club Run Through El Dorado Canyon (4 Viewers)

Will you attend?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
What: Day Run
When: Saturday May 22nd @9AM
Trailboss: @Krusty Krab
Where: El Dorado Canyon, Lyon County NV
Meet Up: Sinclair Gas Station, 35 Dayton Valley Rd, Dayton, NV 89403
Travel Times: 4-5 hours
What to Bring: Water, snacks, lunch, chairs, recovery gear, HAM radio.
Communications: HAM - 146.460 / Backup 146.050 (some spare radios should be available)

Trail Scale Score:
1617941699397.png

1617941895554.png

Details
This is moderate run with lots of rock gardens, water crossings, a few off-camber situations, and expect axle/body rubbin if you don't have 33-inch tires or better and of course pinstripes. There was some trail erosion last time we went through that made things a little more challenging.

1600579943166.png

Think my Pig without sliders will do ok on this run? Sprung over with true 33” tires just no side Armor yet.

Yep. I did it on 31-inch tires and no lift when I went through it a couple years ago.

If somehow my shims come in AND I get time to put the motor back together and drive for a day or two I'd like to go. So, no.

This is why everyone needs two TLCs Will. Get the pig running so you have a backup!

I second you getting that Pig running!

If your missing anything critical let me know as local cruiser guy @Hobbs81 has 2 parts rigs in addition to 1 nice driver and 1 desert survivor looking like stock resto. Trying to get him to coffee and cruisers event so he joins club.

Rain....... It's snowing in Washoe Valley..

I'm in! Just changed the oil in the pickup. 3 years, 2k miles so it was time. Dug up a japanese sourced toyota oil filter for it even! (better than the Thai sourced ones most dealers stock) Not sure if I'll have a kid with me or a dog, but I'll be there either way.

I second you getting that Pig running!

If your missing anything critical let me know as local cruiser guy @Hobbs81 has 2 parts rigs in addition to 1 nice driver and 1 desert survivor looking like stock resto. Trying to get him to coffee and cruisers event so he joins club.
Thanks! I have way more parts than time. Keep bringing yours out, it's good for the motivation.

I won't know if I'm making the run until I'm there, but looks good so far.

Debating on whether I want to go or not tomorrow... Weather is supposed to be nasty and cold (another freeze warning tonight). Hmmm......

Debating on whether I want to go or not tomorrow... Weather is supposed to be nasty and cold (another freeze warning tonight). Hmmm......

Don't be a baby! Get your ass out here... If the open top 40 guys can do it, then you can do it with your luxury leather heated seats. ;)

Don't be a baby! Get your ass out here... If the open top 40 guys can do it, then you can do it with your luxury leather heated seats. ;)
They are CLOTH seats ok!!!:rofl::p

Alright I will be there and bringing my Heep buddy.

There is a chance I won't be there tomorrow. My dog is acting weird and an emergency vet visit may be required of me. Hoping it isn't anything serious... almost certain it will be $5K+ though...

I'm a maybe. Kid woke up with a sore throat today. I'll know tomorrow. Sucks, I spent all day fixing on the cruiser for tomorrow. BTW, Eldorado gets greasy and slippery on the side hills at the south end.

Last night Garderville Ranchos got about .06-.07 of drizzle and Dayton got nothing.

I'm planning to go if we have enough people, so I'll check back here around 8 and if we haven't had mass cancellation I'll see you all in Dayton.

It's Saturday @ 0630 in south Reno.......drizzling rain all night w/ more forecast for today. My shotgun/spotter, an experienced off-roader, just bailed in favor of a better day. So, I'll be a "no show" for the El Dorado Canyon run.

Buddy is going to be my rider if this still happens because he was doing a pre-run check and found his water pump leaking.
We will check here prior as we are still in if anyone else is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom