May 20, Trail Ride, The Gulches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is the normal scheduled May trip. Meet on Saturday May 20th at the Alta Philips 66 gas station at the stop light as you enter Divide. Meet at 8:00, Leave at 8:30 for the Gulches. The group will decide on the Gulch to run.

Post a reply if you can make the trip so we can get an idea of how many people and rigs will show up.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAS
This is the normal scheduled May trip. Meet on Saturday May 20th at the Alta gas station as you enter Divide. Meet at 8:00, Leave at 8:30 for the Gulches. The group will decide on the Gulch to run.

Post a reply if you can make the trip so we can get an idea of how many people and rigs will show up.
Count me in

Reactions: SAS
It will be most of the day, depending on whether we do one, two, or three Gulches. Each Gulch has one or two good obstacles. My series 100 has a 2.5 inch lift but I am not going to take it because I don’t have enough seat time in it to run trails like this yet. Maybe it’s just a confidence factor. I’ll be taking my 40. I want to see how the other big Cruisers do before I commit my series 100 to the Gulches. One club member commented recently “no problem for the Cruisers on these trails.“
If you bring your stock Cruiser, I’m sure we can get you through. If you come to an obstacle you don’t want to tackle, you can park it and ride with someone else to the bottom of the Gulch and back. There are always empty seats in our rigs.
We have not decided which Gulch we are going to run. If you search our club page, you can find older threads for some of these trails, especially Longwater.

Others, please weigh in. I am far from being an expert on driving big Land Cruisers.

I'll be riding with Vic. Are we doing potluck or brown bag lunch?

Deciding for myself... brown bagging.

FYI: Vic and I are stopping for breakfast at Rudy's around 7:00.

today was an absolute clinic of off roading. So many different vehicles, suspensions, traction aids, driving styles, wheelbases, tire sizes, fuel injection vs carburetors, old tech vs new… and we even got to have a recovery session.
it was so much fun to see.
I always appreciate being out with fellow ‘wheelers who are even tempered, salt of the earth folks. Thanks for having me. 🙂
1753EC38-8699-4926-B36A-7DA1C37A27FB.jpeg
6CEAADB3-20D3-4D38-9558-84A983E2D17B.jpeg
D73ABCE4-C1E1-453C-82CA-580F4F62D73C.jpeg

Yeah what a great run. We should have taken way more pics and video going through all the HUGE puddles. The driving up longwater rock in the rain would also be cool. I think Vic may have a couple of those. What a great trip. Everyone was awesome. Glad we had the knowledgeable folks we did and the recovery gear we did or it may have been a much different day on the trail.
IMG20230520132111.jpg

IMG20230520121114.jpg

IMG20230520111447_01.jpg

IMG20230520111518_01.jpg

IMG20230520111524_01.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom