Maxxis Razr tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone running Maxxis Razr MT tires? I’m in the market for some 37s and see these are reasonably priced, but don’t see a lot of reviews on them that are biased magazine articles.
I was originally planning on Cooper SST Pros or Toyo Open Country MTs, but the Razrs look the part and Are priced right.

Check out the tire and wheel section. good write ups.

I am running 35's on my 80 and will replace them when the time comes. Good road manners, off road they work good in sand, mud, and snow. Admittedly they were on the truck when purchased, but I like them and recommend them.

Pass on the STT pro's....... great for the first -58k but wear in really rough and loud even with alignment in spec and rotated every 3k....good for a dedicated offroad rig but not a DD IMHO.... this is my second set and the first were a bit better but I also didn't get to the miles I have now vefore upgrading. that said they handle well and are wearing evenly it appears, but do require more weights as they've aged..... my spare now has over 6 oz's on it...

I think the Maxxis are similar to the Deegan / MT tire ? Interested to see more feedback..... I'm debating my next tire as I'm also looking at a jump to 37-ish tires...

Pass on the STT pro's....... great for the first -58k but wear in really rough and loud even with alignment in spec and rotated every 3k....good for a dedicated offroad rig but not a DD IMHO.... this is my second set and the first were a bit better but I also didn't get to the miles I have now vefore upgrading. that said they handle well and are wearing evenly it appears, but do require more weights as they've aged..... my spare now has over 6 oz's on it...

I think the Maxxis are similar to the Deegan / MT tire ? Interested to see more feedback..... I'm debating my next tire as I'm also looking at a jump to 37-ish tires...
58K?? thats pretty good. Fortunately for me, our 80 is just a weekend warrior and adventure toy. Id be surprised if we put 6K on it a year. With that said, I still want something with decent road manners that will last a while. We will wheel it hard when we can, but still want it comfortable and streetable for weekend camping trips and such.

I ran Maxxis Bighorns MT for a while, the weak point was sidewall, if Razr have the same it could be comparable. I would not, for example, run them in VT trails, sidewalls would cut easily compared to others I have used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom