Maxtrax vs X-BULL New Recovery Traction Tracks Sand Mud Snow Track Tire Ladder 4WD (Orange, 3gen) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone use the Maxtrax? Has anyone tried the "

X-BULL New Recovery Traction Tracks Sand Mud Snow Track Tire Ladder 4WD (Orange, 3gen)" sold on Amazello for $87 w free shipping? Thoughts on saving $300? What the difference?​

Mine cracked the first time I used them. They're still functional but the material isn't as high quality as the Maxtrax. In total they've been used less than a dozen times. Lots of signs of the plastic fatiguing. I figure I'll get another dozen uses out of them. When it's time to replace them I'll be going with Maxtrax.

It really comes down to if you want to buy one and cry once or treat them as disposable items. Personally I'd hate for one to completley fail during a recovery.

20210415_095241.jpg

20210415_095245.jpg

20210415_095329.jpg

Last edited:
LOL

Me, my girlfriend, and another friend split 6 xbulls in half in about 30 minutes. The first gen xbulls were really good but the stuff you get now is to brittle. Maxtrax or actiontrax are the way to go
I bought xbulls and just figured if I broke them, I will upgrade to maxtrax. However with only one pair to split or break, I might be begging for the kindness of strangers to help me out.

I've had the X-bull ones for 3 years now, and I have never used them. I've seen them break and continue to be used. It's not a catastrophic failure. Only issue I don't like, is they don't stack together flat like the max tracks and thus aren't easily mounted to the outside of the truck.

I've had the X-bull ones for 3 years now, and I have never used them. I've seen them break and continue to be used. It's not a catastrophic failure. Only issue I don't like, is they don't stack together flat like the max tracks and thus aren't easily mounted to the outside of the truck.
Do you have the original orange pinkish ones? If so, might actually be good! My friend used his for a couple years before they exploded

Yes, they're like a weird ugly faded red. I keep them strapped to the roof rack or sometimes stowed inside, just in case. I offered them as help to a guy on lone rock beach once, but he chose to wait for a winch, instead of digging.

Lockers and airing down does the trick usually. I think getting a locked 80 actually stuck would be a magical feat. Even got hung up on the rear diff going up Top of the World in the snow, came off it with some steering and right pedal. Thus, I like having these for piece of mind, but I'm glad I saved the money on maxtrax and put it into lockers, tires, and suspension.

Yes, they're like a weird ugly faded red. I keep them strapped to the roof rack or sometimes stowed inside, just in case. I offered them as help to a guy on lone rock beach once, but he chose to wait for a winch, instead of digging.

Lockers and airing down does the trick usually. I think getting a locked 80 actually stuck would be a magical feat. Even got hung up on the rear diff going up Top of the World in the snow, came off it with some steering and right pedal. Thus, I like having these for piece of mind, but I'm glad I saved the money on maxtrax and put it into lockers, tires, and suspension.
I feel that😂 I don’t carry any traction boards in mine and I avoid snow like the plague. Not my cup of tea. It gets to be a bottomless pit here in Montana

I feel that😂 I don’t carry any traction boards in mine and I avoid snow like the plague. Not my cup of tea. It gets to be a bottomless pit here in Montana
If you avoid snow in BZN, yer only driving 1/3 of the year! 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom