maximum 20" tire size on a non-lifted 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been searching all over, but am not finding any mention of this. These are strictly for street use. Just goin for looks with these until I make her a project truck.

The particular wheels I'm looking at are 20x9 and have a 30mm offset.

Thanks fellas

285-50R20 would be close to stock size
275-60R20 would be a 33" tire which lots of people run without lift...

BFG AT makes a 285/55/20 and a 305/55/20, both would fit without issue. The 305 might need a front spacer, which brings me to my next point.

The stock wheels are 8" and ET35/40. So understand you are going 1" wider wheel and .5" more in positive offset. In other words the new wheels will set farther out already compared to stock.

I'm looking at the Nitto Trail Grapplers. Only come in 295's. If my math is right they'll fit without spacers unlike the 305's, no?
Nitto Tire – Fueled by Enthusiasts - Tire - Trailgrappler - Sizes.jpg
mh59ms.jpeg

Just pay attention to the overall tire diameter and tire width specs. Stock you can easily run a tire that is 33" in overall diameter, and pushing 34" is doable with the possibility of minor rubbing. As for width, anything up to 12" is doable without spacers assuming your wheels are stock width and offset. 12.5" tires typically need a 1" spacer up front to clear the upper IFS arm.

As always your mileage may vary, but those are good general guidelines from my experience.

Wheels will stick out 43mm more than stock.

Looks like the Nitto Trail's should fly, they are less than 12".
Plus the wheels will have a 30mm offset.

Hoser, I expected they would stick out a bit, is that too much?
Metric To Inches Tire Size Conversion.jpg

I'm guessing that combination will fit but could require some trimming of the firewall plastic guard and massaging of the firewall pinchweld. Not a big deal and common when running 35's.

I've installed Nitto TG's in a 305/50/20 on Tundra wheels. They fit great, a wider wheel would probably look good, but that offset might be just enough to make a little rubbing if you were at full lock on the steering and had the tire stuffed.

295-55R20 is just under 33" - your speedo will be slow by about 5%

If you have other sizes you want to check, click here:

Tire size calculator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom