Max tire size for a OME lifted 60??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Red Fox Ranch

SILVER Star
Threads
I've got an OME lifted FJ60, so I'm guessing 2.5-3" is this about right? Could I fit a set of 34 x 10.50 tires on stock rims and be fine?

Any help would be appreciated!

yeah, probably. I have 33X12.5 on 15X8 wheels and that is about perfect for that lift.

I've talked to a guy that has 35's on his with a 2.5" lift.
I will know for sure if 35's fit Thursday. I'm going to test fit some 35's to see how well they fit with my Dakar lift. Will let you know.

35's will fit easy with a 2" body lift in addition to the spring lift. I run them with a 1" b/l and 2.5" s/l and they rub. Ended up going with big shackles as well. Might as well do an SOA and be done.

35s are gonna rub with the dakar lift. unless you just drive straight and stay off the speed bumps in the mall parking lot.

I found a guy selling a decent used set of 35 X 12.5 BFG MT's on 15 X 8 wheels.
I tried them on one side for fit, turned front wheels lock to lock & jumped up & down on the bumpers. I didn't road or trail test cause it's not that cool to ask a stranger to go drive their tires around and then beat them up on their price a bunch.
They fit better than you would think. I know the front mud flap bracket and flap would get torn off pretty quick, but I feel there would be no rubbing at all for street use or light trail use. But i had just enough doubt about how they would do on moderate to hard trail use to where i didn't get them. They just looked like they belonged on a vehicle with more lift. I was very close to getting them, but I just had that 20% doubt that they would be the right tires for me. The rims would have needed spacers too.

Hey Steve get em get em now!!!!!!!!.....we will make em fit...i'lll bring the 5lb sledge to Alpha Pit next ride.....October 1st ish....your truck will look awesome with it....if ya need help setting up some gears to match those tires let me know...but your stinky now so you could more than likly handle it with out a re-gear....

-Al

The rate I'm going, It'll be October by the time I make my mind up what tires to get! I'm putting way to much thought into this and just need to go out and get a set of tires.
I know I will show up next time with better tires than I got now.

good. weld up that rear too and throw down at kunckle buster.

i've seen a guy 'wheel' with 35's on a 60 w/ OME. He was a sissy on the trail, but they still rubbed some. Airing down would have helped some, but they still rubbed a little bit.
I've heard that a 1 or 2" body lift should make it all work out.

someone should construct an accurate chart of what fits with what lifts and post in FAQ. Example:

OME 2.5" max tire 33x12.5 or 34x10.5
OME with MAF SR 35x12.5
OME with 1" Body Lift 35x12.5 light rub

etc...

By the way I don't know if above info is 100% but seems to be the result people get. Might have to add wheel size to chart as well.

Corbet said:
someone should construct an accurate chart of what fits with what lifts and post in FAQ. Example:

OME 2.5" max tire 33x12.5 or 34x10.5
OME with MAF SR 35x12.5

agree with this .. !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom