Matt's 1997 fzj80 "Build" thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having sold the 92, I finally started working on the new truck this past weekend. This "Build" will not be as extreme as the last one I did. In fact, it will hopefully be more of a restoration for at least the near future.

Got this in the mail last week and installed it yesterday:

IMAG0920.jpg

It is one of those things that I may never use but since they may not be available again I jumped in the group buy. It does look like it belongs there.

Last night I got the new front shocks and a spacer installed. Turns out I have OME 851(medium height) shocks in the front. All this time I thought my 850's had just sagged.

IMAG0923.jpg

Next on the list is to get rid of the wind deflector and fix the paint on the hood, install the replacement leather that I have sitting in a box and then start building sliders, rear bumper, roof rack, cargo barrier, skid plate...that should keep me busy for a while, especially since I will probably end up building several sets of each one.

I'd like to call the 92 "permanently borrowed"

She's looking good Matt....real good

I have all the extra hardware for the shocks, found it last night if you want it I'll send it up to you.

I'd like to call the 92 "permanently borrowed"

She's looking good Matt....real good

I have all the extra hardware for the shocks, found it last night if you want it I'll send it up to you.

Yes on the hardware, do you have all the bushings for the rear shocks in there too? Do you have my address?

Holla at me when you're ready for me to watch you build that stuff!
man it's nice to say that... living up here and all...

bhmmapping said:
Yes on the hardware, do you have all the bushings for the rear shocks in there too? Do you have my address?

Matt,
It should be everything...
Same one as you're title? Yeah I'm gonna pay penalties and register gold truck next month.
If not...
PM it to me.

-Nick-

Holla at me when you're ready for me to watch you build that stuff!
man it's nice to say that... living up here and all...

Will do, Clarence wants to watch and learn too so hopefully I can get back on a regular weekly garage night schedule again. I usually try to do Monday nights but it gets thrown off in the summer.

Matt,
It should be everything...
Same one as you're title? Yeah I'm gonna pay penalties and register gold truck next month.
If not...
PM it to me.

-Nick-

It's the same one on the Title. Thanks in advance, that's a big help.

Matt,

I'll try to get them out tomorrow. No later than Wednesday.

-Nick-

Your bushings and suspension bits are on their way. Included is new hardware for front steering stabilizer, mine was in good condition so I kept it on the truck and just replaced the stabilizer.

-Nick-

Man.. This is an intense build!
I can't wait to see the final product!

Slow down speedy.

Man that's it right there!

"at least I can drive it" comments back...wait
Yeah... and mine doesn't sound like there's a dwarf with a hammer under the hood while I'm turning.

Last edited:
The second..
He lined the moldings. Right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom