Matching quarter panel to rear sill (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got the quarter panel patches and a rear sill from Real Steel. I finally mounted the rear sill, but now I realize the quarter panels have a different curve shape to them and don't match up. What's the best way to match up the curves while keeping it a smooth surface? I could just hammer it out but I'd just ding it up in the process. Any other tools or tricks people have for this? Thanks

Which curve? I'm assuming the main rear radius? If so, seems like you should just be able to flex it into place as you install it, unless I'm missing something.

And not too surprised - RealSteel seems to be in the "close but not quite" area for their patches.

Yeah the rear sill goes out straight for a lot longer than the patch. It's nice, thick metal so it's a bit hard to flex gently, but I'll try to push the quarter panel into the rear sill to curve it

grab your self some c clamp vise drips
VIS-24SP_MED.jpg

I got the quarter panel patches and a rear sill from Real Steel. I finally mounted the rear sill, but now I realize the quarter panels have a different curve shape to them and don't match up. What's the best way to match up the curves while keeping it a smooth surface? I could just hammer it out but I'd just ding it up in the process. Any other tools or tricks people have for this? Thanks
Hey how did this turn out for you? I’m running into the same problem with my sill not matching the radius of the rear quarter. Both from CCOT. Wondering if you just have to clamp the heck out of it and bring it in?

Hey how did this turn out for you? I’m running into the same problem with my sill not matching the radius of the rear quarter. Both from CCOT. Wondering if you just have to clamp the heck out of it and bring it in?
Depends on what you are after. I clamped the heck out of mine and welded it up but the curve is not perfect now and it’s pulled in a little where the sill is. But I don’t mind, my 40 is no beauty queen. I have seen others cut the sill support to change the curve to match the qtr panel. That’s probably the right way to do it if you want it to look great.

Built a new rear sill for mine and used the old sill radius and length as my template. After welding in the new rear sill I installed the CCOt quarter panels and flexed them to match my sill. The curves were nearly perfect on the tub so I think it turned out well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom