Matching Numbers FJ62 Important or Not? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am new to the FJ and want to know if it is important for value to have an FJ62 with numbers matching engine, body and transmission or not. Thoughts and opinions please.

not important

Are there numbers that match across motor, frame, and cab? just wondering.

Are there numbers that match across motor, frame, and cab? just wondering.
On most if not all cars, the manufacturer documents which transmission case (numbered) and engine block (numbered) came with that Vin.

I'm not sure that's the case with these trucks. I've read several threads about this, and it seems there more of a serial number series that corresponds with the year of manufacture. No master list like you would have with a GM or something. I could be wrong though, but I've never seen someone come up with a build sheet showing engine and tranny numbers.

my 1/79 FJ55LG-KA here is ALL numbers matching .......... 🤔

DSCN2525.JPG
DSCN2988.JPG
DSCN2989.JPG
DSCN2991.JPG
DSCN2992.JPG

What’s your point?

observe my 2F engine #

then , did you know about your frame # location ?

or

is it masked by under coat age and time ?

What is the context for the question? For sale or are you buying? If its well taken care of and the potential replacement engine is the correct one and it was all done well I see no issues with having a cruiser without the original engine. "numbers matching" is not really a thing in the cruiser world.

What is the context for the question? For sale or are you buying? If its well taken care of and the potential replacement engine is the correct one and it was all done well I see no issues with having a cruiser without the original engine. "numbers matching" is not really a thing in the cruiser world.
OP trying to buy the white 62 seattle on bat now

Corsetti has a customer order - so he’s chasing it hard

it’s a 62 that’s had rust repaired and engine swapped at low miles

OP trying to buy the white 62 seattle on bat now

Corsetti has a customer order - so he’s chasing it hard

it’s a 62 that’s had rust repaired and engine swapped at low miles
is that the one with the reverse clunk revealed near the end of the bidding?

is that the one with the reverse clunk revealed near the end of the bidding?
How many miles are on the replacement motor though? 129k is cool but that is not this motor. The swap being done by Tor is a big plus. :)

RNM. No surprise I suppose. @ryanCA How do we know seller is into it for $50K?

Got it. Hence the RNM no doubt. Didn’t see that, thanks. These auctions are getting really crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom