1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matching Carpet

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by CDN_Cruiser, Feb 8, 2004.

1. CDN_Cruiser

CDN_Cruiser

What have people used to cover rear drawers, etc. I have the tan interior - do I just go to a regular carpet shop, stereo store, ??

What's the best way to attach the carpet? I've seen reference to 3M spray on glue - is this strong enough?

Cheers, Hugh

2. Safado

Safado

Unless you have the exact match, I'd go for a contrast...in my opinion black is the best option. You can get the carpet anywhere from Home-Depot, to a regular carpet store. Use contact adhesive for the best hold.

3. Junk

Junk

CDN, That 3M stuff is really good. I used some when I replaced some of the jute in my 80. Works very well and is relatively inexpensive.

As Safado mentions, it will be tough to get an exact match. I'd go the contrast route as well, but depending on what you put in, not sure if I'd go black or not. Maybe just a deeper tan. Check out some sites like www.truckvault.com and see if they recommend anything. The folks at truckvault were very helpfull 2 years ago when I was considering adding drawers.

4. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    I obtained "carpet dash mat" material by the foot. I got it from my dash mat supplier. It was reasonable and fairly close to the carpet color. The glue I used was a 3M super trim adhesive, I think :rolleyes: . I thought I had the can in the garage but I guess I tossed it :slap: .

D-

5. CDN_Cruiser

CDN_Cruiser

Thanks guys - after 2 years I thought I should do something vs raw plywood. Now I just need it to warm up enough so I can do the install!

Dan - what is a 'dash mat supplier' - any idea how I would find one in the Yellow Pages - auto supplier or carpet or ??

Cheers, Hugh

6. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    Hugh, what I was refering to was a dash mat or dash cover vendor. The folks who make covers for dashboards. There are many of them out there. Dash Designs, Dash Mat....ETC. I'm sure you could obtain similar stuff from an automotive upholstry supply house.

Here is where mine came from: http://www.dashdesigns.com/

No affiliation, yadda,yadda,.......

7. CDN_Cruiser

CDN_Cruiser

Thanks Dan! Not enough sun up here to need dash mats ;)