Master Window Switch Oddities (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Similar but not really to this thread.

All four windows in my new to me 03 LC auto up/down as they should from their respective switches.

The drivers master switch can roll all four windows down. It can roll itself and the passenger window up as well.

It cannot roll *up* the rear windows. It can roll them down though. Both rear windows. But then I have to roll them each up from their respective rear switches.

I was gonna buy the ~$28 control board on eBay but there’s not much to that so I’d be surprised if all of it worked minus the two back windows going up.

I’m also not sure it’s a wiring issue since there’s at least partial control from the master.

Thoughts?

I assume something like a deoxit in the connector contacts at the master and the rear window switches?

I also should’ve mentioned I tried the process to reset the auto up/down (down, hold 10 sec, up, hold 10 sec) but no change. As stated though auto up/down does work fine in the rear.

If cleaning contacts, nor any dead wire(s) found. Which we do get dead/break(s) wire(s), typically between door & body in boot. But typical effects only 1 door.

Very likely you'll need a new master SW.

Used OEM on ebay, FB, CL, mud, salvage yard, mud classified, etc. Are better than aftermarket junk. If your SW housing in good condition, it can be swap to replacement SW.

Easiest test. Borrow a master switch from known working 100 series. There're some variation. 2001-up best bet for your 03LC. You can try 98-00 but likely not get auto function.

They can be a little tricky to remove switch from door. But once you understand how they clip in, it's usually easy to remove.

Door ashtray - switch bezel PS rear.JPG

Last edited:
The Ebay/Amazon switches dont work properly. My OEM master switches are worn and broken. I ordered some Amazon china one hoping it would work but once plugged in it caused all the other switches at the other doors to not function. I plugged my broken OEM one back and the other switches worked again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom