Master Cylinder & Slave (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NeverGiveUpYota

Dare me.
Threads
So I just found out my cylinder is leaking. I'm going to order the parts and hope to get it done asap. Tomorrow a friend is going to see if the bleeder on the slave will open up... I guess if it won't then I have to replace that too.
Luckily I have the books which came with the truck, phew!
Any of you guys have any strong feelings about the replacement parts? After market or genuine?

Save yourself some money and go to the junk yard and get a master cylinder and booster from an 80 series or a 4runner. Search brake upgrades and t100. There is a ton of useful stuff about this swap.
-k

Hi All:

It is generally a good idea to replace the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder at the same time.

Swapping these parts is not that difficult, and you can gravity bleed the clutch system.

Good luck!

Alan

I picked up new Aisin master and slave cylinders for about $100. Might as well do both at the same time. It's a :banana: job even without a helper.

I agree with picking up a Aisin unit.

Hey guys, thanks for the responses! I ordered the midgrade parts (beck-arnley) from car parts wholesale for a little over $100. Ordered both with the intent to return the slave if it'll open to bleed today. I'm a wicked amateur (and *winch* a female who loves her classic fj) and my friend was a toyota mech for years so he's gonna help me. Wish me luck! You guys know anyone cruiser lovers in CT? It'd be great to find people locally that I could bat stuff back and forth too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom