Master Cylinder for disc brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Mudders, I am in the process of adding disc brakes, front and rear, to my '70 FJ40. I will need a new master cylinder and split my brake lines. I need to run a non booster Master Cylinder because of space considerations. I don't want cut the firewall brace. I expect to need a proportioning valve to balance the rear brakes. My question is, can anyone give me recommendations on alternative Master Cylinders? It could even be non-Land Cruiser or Toyota. I need it to get the job done. Thanks!

Maybe the FAQs would be a good place to start:

X2 on 80 series booster.
Although I’d use a spacer and an 80 series booster as well.

I’ve got an 80 series booster & master... it works awesome. The brakes are very powerful and work with minimal pressure. Powerful... almost too powerful ;)

Thanks everyone for your input. These sound like great ideas. I've been trying to do my due diligence and research this... but there are sooo many threads to read through!

I used a big bore non abs from an 80 series on mine and it works great I think marlin crawlers has them. You will have to use an adapter to go from a 3 hole to a 4 hole.

Cruiser Outfitters and City Racer LLC have them also.

Cruiser Outfitters

Brake

I'm doing the same swap on my 70 right now, I went with the Wilwood master cylinder kit from Man-A-Free

Have yet to plumb anything so I cannot speak to the performance, but everything looks quality and should for the most part should bolt right on and was intended to work without a booster

Man-A-Fre Disk/Disk Master

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom