Master cylinder & booster questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been studing this stuff pretty hard. I have purchased a mini axle to convert the crusty cruiser to front disc and a kit from JTO to convert the rear. What are some affordable options for a power brake booster. I still have the mini truck booster is this an option? Looking down the road I will swap in a Chevy V8. I know I'm supposed to search first. I did I couldn't really find any thing

Thanks for Ya'lls help I am very new to the cruiser stuff

The mini booster will bolt right up, but you need the aluminum spacer that comes with it. Two wheel drive toyotas of similar years have the same booster, but they lack that spacer and have shorter studs. Also, the push rod will need a lot of adjustment.

I run a fj60 booster and master cylinder. It work fine. The hard part about the install was rerouting the throtle cable to fit around the large booster.

David Clayton said:
?????????

Is that a question about all of it? The mini truck/hilux booster has the same four stud bolt pattern as the bulk of the toyota trucks and cruisers out there. Both firewall and master cylinder mounting patterns remained the same for many moons. The spacer I spoke of came stock on the 1st generation mini trucks and spaces the booster about 1" from the firewall. For many applications, this is necessary to clear the accelerator cable on the firewall. When mixing and matching master cylinders and boosters, the push rod that actuates the master cylinder usually needs to be adjusted to work properly.

I got the mini master cylinder and booster off. What master cylinder do I need to handle the 4wheel disc?

Thanks a bunch for the help !

David Clayton said:
I have been studing this stuff pretty hard. I have purchased a mini axle to convert the crusty cruiser to front disc and a kit from JTO to convert the rear. What are some affordable options for a power brake booster. I still have the mini truck booster is this an option? Looking down the road I will swap in a Chevy V8. I know I'm supposed to search first. I did I couldn't really find any thing

Thanks for Ya'lls help I am very new to the cruiser stuff
David,

Check this out if you haven't already.

http://www.globalsoftware-inc.com/coolerman/fj40/15A.HTM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom