Master cylinder & booster questions

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by David Clayton, Jun 26, 2005.

1. David Clayton

David Clayton

I have been studing this stuff pretty hard. I have purchased a mini axle to convert the crusty cruiser to front disc and a kit from JTO to convert the rear. What are some affordable options for a power brake booster. I still have the mini truck booster is this an option? Looking down the road I will swap in a Chevy V8. I know I'm supposed to search first. I did I couldn't really find any thing

Thanks for Ya'lls help I am very new to the cruiser stuff

2. snailwagon

snailwagon

The mini booster will bolt right up, but you need the aluminum spacer that comes with it. Two wheel drive toyotas of similar years have the same booster, but they lack that spacer and have shorter studs. Also, the push rod will need a lot of adjustment.

3. David Clayton

David Clayton

Thanks.........anymore options anyone

?????????

4. OnTheSpot

OnTheSpot

I run a fj60 booster and master cylinder. It work fine. The hard part about the install was rerouting the throtle cable to fit around the large booster.

5. snailwagon

snailwagon

Is that a question about all of it? The mini truck/hilux booster has the same four stud bolt pattern as the bulk of the toyota trucks and cruisers out there. Both firewall and master cylinder mounting patterns remained the same for many moons. The spacer I spoke of came stock on the 1st generation mini trucks and spaces the booster about 1" from the firewall. For many applications, this is necessary to clear the accelerator cable on the firewall. When mixing and matching master cylinders and boosters, the push rod that actuates the master cylinder usually needs to be adjusted to work properly.

6. David Clayton

David Clayton

I got the mini master cylinder and booster off. What master cylinder do I need to handle the 4wheel disc?

Thanks a bunch for the help !

7. steven4mc

steven4mc

David,

Check this out if you haven't already.

http://www.globalsoftware-inc.com/coolerman/fj40/15A.HTM

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.