Massive Storage Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
rob.red
It's probably not what you think...

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

Step By Step upgrade Instructions:

1. Order the above part from your favorite Toyota part supplier

2. Take newly acquired part out to your Cruiser

3. Remove Existing Cover/Blank using a non marring tool such as your fingernail or trim tool

4. Insert new part into the hole and press down firmly until new storage system is flush with console (see photo)

5. Enjoy a frosty beverage while marveling at your ingenuity and handy work.
IMG_2578.jpg
IMG_2580.jpg
IMG_2572.jpg

It's probably not what you think...

View attachment 504430

View attachment 504428

View attachment 504429

Step By Step upgrade Instructions:

1. Order the above part from your favorite Toyota part supplier

2. Take newly acquired part out to your Cruiser

3. Remove Existing Cover/Blank using a non marring tool such as your fingernail or trim tool

4. Insert new part into the hole and press down firmly until new storage system is flush with console (see photo)

5. Enjoy a frosty beverage while marveling at your ingenuity and handy work.

Might need to include photos for each step. Sounds like one complex procedure :p

Might need to include photos for each step. Sounds like one complex procedure :p

Stupid 3 photo attachment limit... I guess I could do multiple posts. But then again if I show every step then it may detract from the "marveling" one might do at the completion. Best to leave it I think.

I didn't know you could buy those... I wish I would have known that... t took me forever to finally find a LC that already had one installed.

Mmmm when I rip out AHC I wonder if I can just pull my controls and get one of those or would wires need terminating to keep from throwing codes....if I pull fuses and everything else out completely?

It would be cool if you could install an iPod adapter to the bottom of it and then run the iPod cable adapter under the console. It would look very OEM.

IMG_20110323_203815.jpg

Grasshopper - this is phase one. :wrench:

Universal Dock Connector in pocket is imminent. I will be using the Pioneer (have AVic in dash) cable so I can swap between 160GB iPod and iPhone running Pandora.

Mmmm when I rip out AHC I wonder if I can just pull my controls and get one of those or would wires need terminating to keep from throwing codes....if I pull fuses and everything else out completely?

You would be good to go.

The connector might not like being in there with the ipod moving back and forth on it as you turn/bounce on trails....that is why they modded the top, to provide a snug fit.

I've seen that 1001 times :)

Slee modded both top and bottom. I will be doing something similar. I mean lets be honest - that's not a big stretch to have thought of it. Wait til you guys see my iPad mount... then jealousy will set in - no doubt.

Loud do you think the iPod is going to attract attention to your truck? haha

Which, is another reason why I just have mine connected with a cable, locked away and hidden within my truck. No docking required!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom