Massive dilemma LX600 F sport or Keep the 21 Heritage edition (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am very torn on what to do and looking for advice from people that know these vehicles. I have a 2021 white LC heritage edition with 30k miles on it. I have had a LX600 F sport on order for 7 months and it’s coming in the next two weeks. The LC is my wives daily driver and we travel to Breckinridge a ton to ski with little off road use but tons of snow use and the 200 series has been awesome, like beyond my imagination on how it handles in deep snow. My wife loves it, but she hates the tech in it, You can’t connect apple play, there are minimal usb ports for my kids and the MPG is horrible. Those are the reasons i ordered the LX600. I am concerned the twin turbo is not as reliable and all the bells and whistles along with badge value of the Lexus brand is what i don’t like about the Lexus. I do have a 80 FJ 40 for nostalgia and classic feel… What would you do???

I am very torn on what to do and looking for advice from people that know these vehicles. I have a 2021 white LC heritage edition with 30k miles on it. I have had a LX600 F sport on order for 7 months and it’s coming in the next two weeks. The LC is my wives daily driver and we travel to Breckinridge a ton to ski with little off road use but tons of snow use and the 200 series has been awesome, like beyond my imagination on how it handles in deep snow. My wife loves it, but she hates the tech in it, You can’t connect apple play, there are minimal usb ports for my kids and the MPG is horrible. Those are the reasons i ordered the LX600. I am concerned the twin turbo is not as reliable and all the bells and whistles along with badge value of the Lexus brand is what i don’t like about the Lexus. I do have a 80 FJ 40 for nostalgia and classic feel… What would you do???
The LX600 is unobtanium right now. If it were me I’d take delivery. If you don’t like it, you can easily get your money back.

I agree with that; however the heritage edition LC are not easy to come by either at this point. TBH the hardest part for me is going from a Toyota to and Lexus….

DF262803-B48A-417D-B1FC-307FCC13A77C.jpeg

A0B80A55-3AB4-49F4-A5CA-313585F19AB0.jpeg

1BF71153-CA46-4D78-A147-AAF083BBDDE2.jpeg

Your wife needs to drive it and have her say in it, that will help a lot more than asking us knuckleheads haha.

Im not enamored with the 300 series and I usually always like the new gen. I was stoked about the 200 when it came out, the 981 and 991 Porsches are far preferable to their predecessors, but the 300? Doest do much for me.

I don’t even need a vehicle the size of the 200 for my needs, it’s slow, it has terrible fuel range, it’s unwieldy to drive around in the city, but I love it. I love the platform, and eventually I want to get an X5M as a daily and keep the 200 for special occasions.

I actually want my SUV to be commanding and ponderous and by removing that in the 300 there is no reason to buy a slow luxury SUV for me. I can get 500 hp and way better range without buying a freaking auxilary gas tankfor around the same money as a 300.

So, if you like the platform flaws and all that will tell you more which ones to go with.

my answer? Keep the 200. It’s a heritage too remember.

Your wife needs to drive it and have her say in it, that will help a lot more than asking us knuckleheads haha.

Im not enamored with the 300 series and I usually always like the new gen. I was stoked about the 200 when it came out, the 981 and 991 Porsches are far preferable to their predecessors, but the 300? Doest do much for me.

I don’t even need a vehicle the size of the 200 for my needs, it’s slow, it has terrible fuel range, it’s unwieldy to drive around in the city, but I love it. I love the platform, and eventually I want to get an X5M as a daily and keep the 200 for special occasions.

I actually want my SUV to be commanding and ponderous and by removing that in the 300 there is no reason to buy a slow luxury SUV for me. I can get 500 hp and way better range without buying a freaking auxilary gas tankfor around the same money as a 300.

So, if you like the platform flaws and all that will tell you more which ones to go with.

my answer? Keep the 200. It’s a heritage too remember.
I agree that she will be the one that makes the final call on what we do, i can help persuade her into the decision of what we do. That said the knuckleheads on this forum have a ton of knowledge that O don’t have. She has a 392 rubicon for the summer she drives, and i have a race car and a TRX so no need for additional speed in the household. Reliability and holding its value is the most important to me. I am sure between her and the kids they have different priorities. We will go drive it in a couple of weeks and i will let this group know the outcome. Any other thoughts?

After 6 Land Cruisers in a row, I was very excited about the 300 until I saw it in person. It feels very dated for a new vehicle, and the visibility and lack of a split tailgate don’t help. For the cost of a 300, I prefer the Rivian R1S which now sits next to our 200 in the driveway!

She has a 200 along with a 392 Rubicon and complains about MPG? LOL. Well, sell the yachts and buy a Subaru then.

I'd keep the 200.
Valid point! She wants better MPG, I don’t care much about that. The 392 gets better MPG then the 200 does for the record…

I am out on the Subaru but tons of people have those in CO…

To me personally this wouldn't even be a question... I'd keep the LC even if it didn't have a freaking backup camera. But then again I don't even know what apple playcar is nor care to. The resale undoubtfully favors LC's, particularly special editions.

Valid point! She wants better MPG, I don’t care much about that. The 392 gets better MPG then the 200 does for the record…

I am out on the Subaru but tons of people have those in CO…
So spend $105K, plus whatever the dealer charges in markup for maybe 5 more MPG? So you can "save" what, $20 a fill up?

In what world does this make sense? Sounds like she just wants a new car...

Last edited:
We were pumped about the 300 when they first announced them and then we finally test drove the LX600 and we knew right away that we’d never replace our 200 for one. There’s no way in hell I’d let a HE 200 go for a new LX600. But at the end of the day your wife needs to make that decision.

I have a 21 LC HE and my neighbor has a 22 LX600 F Sport, and while I think the outside of the LX is good looking the interior is where it falls flat. Frankly, it’s just not as nice as it should be in it’s class, and my wife agrees. My wife describes it as a cockpit and just doesn’t feel like a Land Cruiser. Now, my wife does like the new X7 inside and out.

I don’t know about you but the split tailgate is invaluable when we go skiing for my wife and kids to sit on, and this was a huge letdown on the 300.

In the end, if you haven’t already, you need to sit in it for a bit and see if it’s your thing. Honestly, I STILL turn around in the parking lot and look back at my LC thinking that is one sexy beast, and can’t imagine selling it.

You can always add CarPlay to your 200.

As mentioned above, the increase in MPG on the LX may not be enough to sway y’all given a heads up comparison. We had thought of trading in our daily for the LX when the extended warranty was up in a couple years. Unforeseen circumstances have us making the switch sooner but this being the first year of this new generation LX is enough for us to buy something else. I’m sure they are fine but a year or two worth of a track record would make that cost considerably easier to swallow.

It is fairly easy to see the majority would keep the HE 200 instead of buy the LX. I agree the split tailgate is great for skiing and provides cover from snow. If we keep the LC i will get that updated interface. My plan is to take her up to drive the LX and make a decision after the test drive. I will keep everyone posted on the decision…. More to come..

If you do get the EC Offroad interface, it's a fairly straightforward install but make sure the cables are all routed so they don't get bent or stressed once the head unit is put back in place. My first display cable failed due to stress. EC Offroad was helpful in shipping a replacement.

I’d love to have CarPlay in ours but $1500 for a module is absolute silliness.

Take the LX600 F sport and never look back.

You know you want it ;)

I bought mine during a sale a couple of years ago for less than $1k. You can get a more basic interface for less. The EC unit does a lot more than just Carplay. I have Hema maps and Google maps running of a separate, included GPS locator. Also have a 500Gb micro SD card installed, to which I can download movies via Netflix, Prime etc and they play through the rear monitors via an HDMI output. I can also use my phone as a wifi hotspot to stream live sports on YouTube TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom