SOLD Massachusetts, Central MA. 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Color
rgb(110, 120, 104)
Year: 2002
Make: Toyota Land Cruiser
Color: River Rock Green
Model: 100 Series
Miles: 245,000
Price: $12,500 O/BO

1583329994805.png

IMG_20190707_102538 (1).jpg

This is a 2002 Land Cruiser which was born and raised in the Orlando Fl, area. This cruiser is pretty much rust free with few areas of minimal surface rust on the under side. It’s been in the North East for the last three years where it has had extensive work done to bring it to its current condition. All maintenance records have been recorded for as long as I had owned it along with what came from the previous owner and will be passed on to the new owner.

Maintenance:
Under my ownership (227k-245k): Invested over $10,000 in parts/labor
  • All fluids have been baselined - 11/19/18
  • New Steering rack/bushings/lower left ball joint - 4/27/18
  • Wheel and bearing repack - 4/27/18
  • Front brakes and rotors - 4/27/18 (Rears done by P/O)
  • Power steering hose replaced - 4/27/18
  • Radiator - 5/25/18
  • Alternator - 6/21/18
  • Valve cover gaskets replaced/ spark plugs/heater Tee's - 6/21/18
  • Upper control arms install(Trail Tailor UCA’s) - 6/28/19
  • Tie Rod - outer - 6/28/19
  • Battery
  • Emergency brake replaced
  • Replaced CV’s with OEM (Still have original OEM CV’s for back-up and have already been rebuilt)
  • New power antenna mast
  • New window belt molding for front and rear doors - 3/14/19
  • New Window visors
  • Mud Flap Delete panels installed (still have the factory mud flaps)
  • Timing Belt and Water Pump / Thermostat/ belt tensioner - 1/17/20
  • re-dyed faded worn interior window trim 2/20/20
  • New leather wrapping for steering wheel (not installed yet)
Tires:
2 Sets:
  • (5)295/75/16 Toyo AT2 Extremes on factory wheels (2@35% 2@60% 1@100%)
  • (4)305/65/18 BFG KO2(all @90%) on newly Powder Coated Factory Lexus 06’ wheels
Lighting:
  • Black Depot one piece headlights (Currently installed)
  • Still have original glass headlights with newer halogen bulbs and a set of new LED’s (never installed)
  • Original corner markers
  • 2nd Set of Clear Corner markers
  • New LED fog light bulbs
  • NEW LED lights throughout the interior
Interior:
  • New LSeat leather on 1st row seats
  • Second row leather was in good shape but has been re-dyed
  • Faded door cards have been re-dyed
  • Full coverage floor mats 1st and second row
Suspension:
  • Tough dog 2in tourflex kit
  • Tough Dog - dual rate rear springs
  • Tough Dog - 41mm foam cell shocks
  • Tough Dog - torsen bars
  • Trail Taylor Diff drop kit
  • Trail Tailor heavy duty front sway bar extended links
  • Trail Tailor heavy duty rear sway bar extended links
  • Trail Tailor Upper Control Arms (powder coated matte red)

This is a great riding, driving, and running vehicle. It’s very comfortable at any speed, heat works great,Heated seats work great, A/C blows cold. Audio system has been updated by the previous owner but navigation is certainly outdated, although it is somewhat modernized and you can make and receive calls through the unit.

This is a used vehicle, so there are signs of normal wear and tear being 18 years old, but all in all is in great shape. Given it's a southern vehicle, rust isn't a concern and the underneath looks clean as can be. The only things that don't work currently are the moon-roof and the battery volt indicator. The P/O sealed the moon-roof closed from the outside, most likely because it was leaking. The moonroof motor works, but obviously the window does not open/close. I’ve taken it through car washes and had plenty of rain and there is no leaking, so I've been reluctant to mess with it too much.

My last alignment was not adjusted properly and has irregularly worn the front set of tires(295 Toyo’s). After my next alignment I will be swapping over to the 305 set up. If interested in keeping both sets of tires realistically you could buy one new matching tire and run the 2 new tires in the front and keep the the 2 60% tires in back. Would make for a great winter tire set up.

The paint is 18years old and some areas of the clear coat are starting to wear/peel on the drivers side below the windows and under the gas cap area. I was planning to do a careful wetsand of the area and respray of the affected areas, but not sure if I will have the vehicle long enough for that to happen. The vehicle came with fender flares and has some minor rub markings in the clear coat once they were removed. I still have the flares if interested in reinstalling them.

The only thing left to address mechanically is a slow leak that has developed over the past few months. From my observation it looks to be coming from the oil pan seal. I’ve checked the oil and trans fluid levels at various points since my last oil change and I see no noticeable difference in the level or amount. My DIY Roof rack will be going onto my next vehicle so I have since put my original roof rack back on.

Spare parts/ Take offs:
Rear Mudflaps
Original Headlights and corner marker lights
Set of Clear Corner Markers never installed
Original stock rear coil springs
Original Stock torsion bars
2nd Set of tires/wheels
Original Front grill
Leather Steering Wheel cover

IMG_20190625_141913 (1).jpg

IMG_20190718_115933_1 (1).jpg

IMG_20190621_155318.jpg

More pictures to come of interior and under carriage as soon as I do some deep cleaning on the interior!

Last edited:
Where did you find the TOYOTA grill in the separate pic?
It was a diy project, I had made one for my Tacoma years ago, so I gave it a go on the Cruiser too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom