For Sale Maryland Eastern Shore 1979 FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 55 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(180, 251, 0)
1979 FJ55 “Big Yella” (even though it’s green) $12,500

We’ve had this FJ for 7 years and has been a regular daily driver (between project/repairs). It’s been fun, but time to let someone else play with it. We haven’t used it for off roading, but it’s more than capable.

The good-

-Runs very strong, will cruise down the highway at speed with plenty of ass left to accelerate and pass someone. 70mph is no problem. (see videos)

-Someone before us dropped a factory new long block in it at some point. No serial number on the block, just a 2F plate with blank space for a number to be stamped. Odometer stopped working at 104K.

-Interior is in great shape. Headliner is perfect. Vinyl seats are all in good shape. Functional matching jump seats in the back with seatbelts. We haven’t seen these seats in another 55 before.

-New updated big bore master cylinder and front pads and front rotors

-Pertronox Electronic ignition

-Newish OEM non-USA distributor

-Newish OEM non-USA carburetor

-Factory power steering. OEM original option in place, rebuilt a few years ago with bearing and seals

-Professionally relined gas tank. I have a new sender, just haven’t put it in.

-New OEM Kyosan Japan fuel supply and return lines.

-New front tires, Rears are newish

-All new LED headlights and running lights

-Rebuilt steering shaft

-New OEM Toyota oil pan

-Custom roof rack and ladder.

-Newish battery

-Full Synthetic fluids throughout including engine oil

-New OEM choke cable

-New rear U-joints and rear shaft balanced by A1 drive shaft in Baltimore

-Later aluminum top shifter and split transfer- case

-New washer bottle and OEM Toyota pump

Our mechanic is die-hard FJ fanatic.. Everything that has been done is professional, spec correct and with care. VintageTeqParts.com Home Page – VintageTEqParts.com - https://vintageteqparts.com/ He has his own shop and online store for parts.

The bad…Really there is only 1…

-Body is in need of attention, but not so different than a lot of others out there. We haven’t focused on cosmetics at all, only mechanicals. It’s “fine” the way it is, depending on your taste. Typical body rust spots, frame is solid and in good shape.

BUT!

-I have a full set of ‘79 doors with glass, tailgate with key, hood, fenders and some trim specific to this year… these are worth more as individual parts than sold along with the vehicle, so they’re “not included”. It makes sense to sell everything with the 55, but would require the right deal. I have some old original interior panels and rubber that are salvageable if someone wanted to spend the time on them.

Needs-

-Passenger door has metal fatigue and we don’t use it. Hinge is fine, frame is fine, but the door itself needs to be welded to support the hinge or just the whole thing replaced. (Good thing is, I have one available)

-Tailgate window works. Recently something is preventing the tailgate to open but it prob just needs to be looked at and corrected… I don’t think it’s anything major.

-Steering linkages are a little sloppy, but I have all the parts to replace what’s needed

-I have new lift shackles for the front, just haven’t put them on.

-Radiator has a tiny slow drip, but we have a replacement radiator, just haven’t put it in.

-Aftermarket A/C. Pulley is out of alignment with fan pully so it was burning through belts… we took it out of the serpentine path, but would function with a little effort. Heater portion works fine

-I have the blower for the carb venting

-Needs a good set of window cranks

-Steering wheel needs to be clocked.
1 Drivers side.jpg

It’s a great vehicle, sorry to see it go, but we moved to a new house and don’t have the garage or space to keep it.

5 Front 3qtr.jpg

8 back.jpg

10 cockpit.jpg

23 Engine1.jpg

Pics of jump seats?

GLWS

What is/was the original color underneath the green/yellow color?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom