Marvel Mystery Oil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have used Marvel Mystery Oil in my oil, and to "unstick" my engine with good results, but never thought about using MMO in my gas. I was looking at this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi-rMwUOraY&feature=related and thought it would be a good idea to start adding some to my gas to compensate for the lack of lead in today's gas, for our old engines...

Have any of you tried it in your gas? Any of you have any feed back on this?

Well ;),
many , many years ago during a trip in the USA, I bought such a can...
YSjg.jpg

... at Wall Mart I think.
Reason was ;), I liked the design of the old can .
Can`t they if it helps or not... but the can is great :D
Cheers
Peter

I thought I saw a test where MMO added no lubrication for valves due to no-lead fuels. I'd use a real lead substitute and not MMO. I run a substitute in my '58 Massey tractor and have used it in other older engines. I look for ones that say 'not safe for vehicles with catalytic converters' as I figure they must contain the nastiest stuff ;)

http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/66/

Normally, we do not consider Marvel Mystery Oil to be a lead substitute. Instead, we recommend our sister company’s product, CD-2 Concentrated Lead Substitute, Stock No. 4295. This product is available at Wal-Mart. The recommended treat rate is 1 ounce of CD-2 Conc. Lead Substitute to 10 gallons of gasoline. Use with every tankfull of gasoline. This product is compatible with Marvel Mystery Oil can and should be used together as they perform different functions.

When used in gasoline, Marvel helps keep carburetors and fuel injectors clean. More improtantly, it also replaces the lubrication that is lost when ethanol is added to gasoline. Also, it reduces friction and in many cases improves fuel economy.

Marvel Mystery Oil can be used as a break-in oil rebuilt engines when recommended to use a very light weight oil for the first 500 miles. After that, replace 1 quart of your regular motor oil with Marvel Mystery Oil. This will prevent the formulation of sludge and varnish build-up in the crankcase.

Last edited:
I like what I read here;

CD-2 Lead Substitute - AllisChalmers Forum - Page 1

I wasn't planning on adding any lead, or lead substitute, which is why using MMO was intriguing to me...

Edit: thanks for the info/link! It seems like there is a lot of snake oil out there, but if adding a little MMO every now and then doesn't hurt, I see no reason not to try it...any thoughts ?

Last edited:
Putting MMO in your gas might just be a waste of money and possibly build up some ash/deposits on your spark plugs. Toyota didn't recommend MMO in the gas, either. Likely, it won't hurt a thing if you want to do it.

Not sure at this point either...hence the post. We'll see if I can come up with more good info.

Too funny...my daughter was just playing some Beatles this morning :lol:

Last edited:
well you are Living in the Past!

Living in the Past:hmm: That reminds me Jethro Tull is coming in June. Never missed a concert of their's in Phoenix since the early seventies.:)

Too funny...my daughter was just plating some Beatles this morning :lol:

I still have the LP and it not under the Apple label (Capital Records?) if that gives you a idea of how old it is. I do have the Greatful Dead's first album somewhere and it's in mono.:eek:

Jethro Tull

Living in the Past:hmm: That reminds me Jethro Tull is coming in June. Never missed a concert of their's in Phoenix since the early seventies.:)

I still have the LP and it not under the Apple label (Capital Records?) if that gives you a idea of how old it is. I do have the Greatful Dead's first album somewhere and it's in mono.:eek:

That brings back memories. Never been to a concert but I would stick one of their 8 tracks in everytime I was on the way to the coast for some diving. Loved to drive with their tunes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom