Marlins new 6 bolt Arms and Knuckles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone seen these or have them yet?
I am ready to get arms and was going to get 4x4 labs arms, but these arms look like they might help out my broken knuckle problems.
http://www.marlincrawler.com/images/6_holearm_500.jpg
He has the arms now and says the knuckles will be available soon. The arms will fit a normal 4 bolt knuckle also.
Any thoughts?

Marlin donated a set of the arms at the Rubithon raffle this year. They look quite beefy. The word was/is the knuckles will be coming out soon. Soon, is a realitve word? This week or this year? I guess they could fit a 4 bolt knuckle now? I haven't seen that, but it looks possible. I heard a price of $300 each for the knuckles. That was just hearsay thought.
Not to steal Marlin's thunder, but Luke is tooling up to do the 44 stud upgrade on exisitng mini truck knuckles. If that happens, I suspect a lot of people will be doing that upgrade. A lot cheaper, I am sure than, spending close to $1000 on new knuckles and arms.
Last year at Rubithon it was the year of broken pinions. This year it was the year of knuckle studs. Our group had two rigs with busted or stripped studs that had to be replaced in camp. I know of at least three other rigs that had broken studs that needed replacing, including Mudrak's two. What makes it difficult with cruisers is the variety of studs that are on LC. In our camp alone we had three types: Pre 76, post 76, and minitruck. I would suggest that every rig should carry spare studs that will fit its own knuckles, then there will be no running around camp trying to find the right stud like it was at Rubiton this year.

cardinal fang said:
Marlin donated a set of the arms at the Rubithon raffle this year. They look quite beefy. The word was/is the knuckles will be coming out soon. Soon, is a realitve word? This week or this year? I guess they could fit a 4 bolt knuckle now? I haven't seen that, but it looks possible. I heard a price of $300 each for the knuckles. That was just hearsay thought.
Not to steal Marlin's thunder, but Luke is tooling up to do the 44 stud upgrade on exisitng mini truck knuckles. If that happens, I suspect a lot of people will be doing that upgrade. A lot cheaper, I am sure than, spending close to $1000 on new knuckles and arms.
Last year at Rubithon it was the year of broken pinions. This year it was the year of knuckle studs. Our group had two rigs with busted or stripped studs that had to be replaced in camp. I know of at least three other rigs that had broken studs that needed replacing, including Mudrak's two. What makes it difficult with cruisers is the variety of studs that are on LC. In our camp alone we had three types: Pre 76, post 76, and minitruck. I would suggest that every rig should carry spare studs that will fit its own knuckles, then there will be no running around camp trying to find the right stud like it was at Rubiton this year.

It's $300 for the PAIR of knuckles.
Marlins site shows $150 per knuckle.

I just wonder how hard it would be to upgrade the knuckles on a Toyota minitruck axle or on a cruiser axle to a kingpin Dana 60 design using Crane or Dedenbear inner C's and knuckles...

emailed with Chris Geiger last week...appears these are a few weeks out....

one advantage: designed to fit left OR right (dual caliper tabs....)

also, a weld-on tab will be included for folks like me that run other histeer setups (Luke's in my case) so you can modify them for the 6-stud setup.

and...new...no 20+ years of previous abuse....

Front Range already makes a ARP stud upgrade for the knuckles, and for the lockouts....the 44 stud upgrade is also nice, but requires drilling/tapping and other tweaks...

love the fact that more and more options are coming out to beef the Cruiser parts!

Tigerstripe40 said:
I just wonder how hard it would be to upgrade the knuckles on a Toyota minitruck axle or on a cruiser axle to a kingpin Dana 60 design using Crane or Dedenbear inner C's and knuckles...

http://www.diamondaxle.com/

Sure.

I like the axle that Sunray has built for me...

You were talking about modifying Toyota axle housings, which Diamond will/has done, as I am sure you could have a number of other places do the same thing.....with 35 spline inners....the only limiting factor is your bank account....

:)

Called Diamond , and a bunch of other places and best bet seems to be to get axle tubes , c's and knuckles , custom axle inners , junkyard brakes , and build your own.

Yota center ( LC to be exact )
Graft on some new axle tube to hold the C's
Crane C's
WB's knuckles
6 lug hubs
custom 30 spline inners ( to match yota )
junkyard brakes , 30 spline outers , lockouts.

How hard is it to line up everything and weld an axle? Need a really accurate jig wouldn't you?

IanB said:
How hard is it to line up everything and weld an axle? Need a really accurate jig wouldn't you?

Yep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom