Marlington area trails? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm heading to Snowshoe for a couple days this weekend to ride mtbs. I'm taking the 80 and was wondering if there were any gravel or dirt trails worth exploring with the family? Being alone I don't need anything extreme. Are there any nice routes to explore on?

closest place i know is rich mountain battlefield and I dont know for certain if its not gated or not. I used to have Forest Service gate keys to the Elkins area but sence lost them a decade ago, my best suggestion would be grab a topo map from USGS or DOH and see whats going on. Great dirt roads even if you dont find the trails

But I would hit rich mountain for certain reguardless, there is also some abanded limestone mines in the area, I spent a decade wheeling in that area.

When you to the very top of rich mountain right in the area of the monument(on the left), signs or whatever they have there now, get out and look for a tank trap, that used to be the entrance. A few years ago they timbered in there so it may still be opened?
I'm heading to Snowshoe for a couple days this weekend to ride mtbs. I'm taking the 80 and was wondering if there were any gravel or dirt trails worth exploring with the family? Being alone I don't need anything extreme. Are there any nice routes to explore on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom