Marlin seal feedback (1 Viewer)

As a Marlin seal user, would you recommend the Marlin seal?

• Yes, great seal, I'd do it again!

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • No, save your money and stick with OEM.

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I called marlin and they said it will not fit in a 40 axle only a 60 axle... why would this be i just want to know why... i ordered just oem ones because its not a huge deal to me but wish i could have had them...

Well, this is directly from their website:

"Our New Heavy Duty Inner Axle Seals are designed by Marlin Czajkowski of Marlin Crawler and are an exclusive Marlin Crawler product. Current applications include all 1979-1985 Toyota Hilux 8" Front Axles, and all 1969-1/1990 Landcruiser front axles including FJ40, FJ45, FJ55, FJ60, and FJ62."

They fit just fine in my 71 fj40. I don't know who you talked to, but it would seem they are wrong since I and others have installed them in fj40 axles.

Good luck! :cheers:

Edit: pbg you beat me by a minute!

Looks like they fit for me:rolleyes:?
P4151209mc seal fj40.JPG

hey cruiser guy , can i borrow that sst when you head up next summer also with my t-case gear .:grinpimp: if you remember . i could use it when doing my mini knuckle swap, lukes high steer and chromo birfs next summer. :cheers: i too will be trying these seals

Jake, I'll try to remember to toss it in the truck before I head up. I'll be there at least around the Cruiser Days weekend.

Installed a set on my 76 disc brake axle rebuild / conversion. Had the original OEM ones that came with the knuckle kit. The Marlins look a little heavier and installed easy. Im doing a complete frame off resto so the truck has not moved since I installed them... So far 3 months - Zero miles and no leaks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom