Marlin seal feedback (1 Viewer)

As a Marlin seal user, would you recommend the Marlin seal?

• Yes, great seal, I'd do it again!

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • No, save your money and stick with OEM.

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy

Out of Africa / North Africa
Threads
Website
join-hands-for-hope-helping-people-help-themselves.mailchimpsites.com
How about folks who have installed and used the new Marlin inner axle seal give the rest of is a little feedback. Are you happy? Would you do it again? Did it stop the leak when nothing else would? How did it do on worn seal surfaces?

I'm considering getting enough to do each truck as they come up. I hate doing the inner axle seals and if this allows it to stay sealed longer it would definitely be worth it.

Are they pretty good in returning e-mails? I e-mailed them last week and no response yet.

Please, ONLY folks who have actually bought and installed/run the seal vote in the poll. Lets make it meaningful. Don't vote just because Marlin did good on the last work he did for you or because you're pissed at him over something he didn't do.

I know im of no help but tomorrow i was planning on calling them to order two because i just replaced mine and i came out to my shop after not touching the rig for 3 weeks and i have gear oil all over the ground and tires so i took it apart and saw my seal was gone already. ill let you know what i think when i get them and put them in!

great improvement over OEM. love 'em. voted accordingly.

I just installed them on my rig this week. They are an awesome product IMO. I don't have any long term use on them yet, but the difference between OEM and Marlin seals are drastic. I held both side by side and the Marlin looked WAY beefier. And as far as saving money, the difference is $5 per side ($7.50 vs $2.50 each). IMO, its worth it.

Good luck! :cheers:

Great seal I had them before they came out and would recommend them to any one.

My ordering procedure and installation went great. no issues whatsoever, and more importantly, no leaks. highly recommended.

Installed a set in a friend's truck. Much better than stock in terms of the ease of fit, and the flange that aids driving it in straight. The seal itself also looks beefier and more flexible. I bought a set immediately for my next install.

Last edited:
Only installed a couple. Not a lot of mileage on either. But I am very impressed with the seal just from looking it over. Very much more better design. ;)

Mark...

I installed a set last spring, easy installation, no leaks. Just by looking at them side by side, you can tell that this design is far superior. These seals should stop any leak issues caused by the knuckels not being exactly centered also.

These seals should stop any leak issues caused by the knuckels not being exactly centered also.

This is the Best feature of these suckers.. :D No need for an SST

awesome! thanks for the reviews...guess i'll be doing some shopping soon.:)

Well, based on the hearty recommendation I have six seals coming my way. A pair for each truck!

This is the Best feature of these suckers.. :D No need for an SST

I hadn't thought of that.... Wonderful, I now own a useless $150 tool because of a $7.50 seal. Way to cheer me up.

I hadn't thought of that.... Wonderful, I now own a useless $150 tool because of a $7.50 seal. Way to cheer me up.

Luke-I'll trade you a set of these seals for the tool....:D

Let me know.

I own the same tool but I'll still use it if I change axle housings. I gotta believe ANYTHING one does to center the axle will make ANY seal last longer and long lasting seals last longer still!

hey cruiser guy , can i borrow that sst when you head up next summer also with my t-case gear .:grinpimp: if you remember . i could use it when doing my mini knuckle swap, lukes high steer and chromo birfs next summer. :cheers: i too will be trying these seals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom