Marlin Crawler Steering Upgrade Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While it may get nicked on a trail, it’s a mall cruiser for now so I’ll enjoy the shiny finish.

I have a sway bar from Whiteline that is also powder coated and I R&R’d my axles when they were off the truck so the whole thing looks rather clean now . Will post a pic when the rain stops
I have a bunch of shiny bits also that aren't so shiny after the Rubicon and other trails, but I sure am glad I had them.

@landtank control arms are amazing and although scratched from countless drags over boulders held up well
@Delta VS radius arms got a little beat up, as well as my front and rear, but we're awesome and held up well. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Delta sliders perform this season. I have no doubt they'll be fantastic
The metal tech sliders took a huge beating and saved the 80 from damage.
The rear white line sway bar also took a little beating
My stock extended links for my white line rear sway bar tore right out. Since then I installed @LandCruiserPhil hd links oh boy! Shinny and amazing!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your rig

Screenshot_20220222-203537~2.png

Screenshot_20220301-095921.png

I just cross threaded the left hand threads on the tie rod after waiting for this kit for 2 weeks….. and NO one has a 23x1.5 tap….ugh….😓

I just cross threaded the left hand threads on the tie rod after waiting for this kit for 2 weeks….. and NO one has a 23x1.5 tap….ugh….😓

I didn't cross-thread the threads but I had a problem with both my drag link and tie rod from marlin not being fully drilled/cleaned correctly. The brand new tie rod ends would not thread into the links. Pretty frustrating. I lucked out and have a friend who has both a 21x1.5 and 23x1.5 tap. Once they were tapped, the ends went in fine.

I didn't cross-thread the threads but I had a problem with both my drag link and tie rod from marlin not being fully drilled/cleaned correctly. The brand new tie rod ends would not thread into the links. Pretty frustrating. I lucked out and have a friend who has both a 21x1.5 and 23x1.5 tap. Once they were tapped, the ends went in fine.

Hmmm thanks, I think we might’ve had the same problem. I solved it with a welder and a pair of sacrificial channel locks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom