Marlin Crawler or Advanded Adaptors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Still convinced that additional gear reduction is in order... and money is not the only factor...

Currently Running: Olds 403 V8 - TCI Th400 - FJ40 T-case (3 or 4 spd, not sure)- Toyota offset axles with all the goodies...

I want to retain the "unique-ness" of the vehicle drive train in part to honor the deceased person that started the restoration and in part to make people say "hey, I've never seen anyone do that before"...

Which gear reducer do Toyota folks prefer..??

Marlin, AA, or...???

I have never used either one personally, but I can say that I have heard nothing but good about the Marlins. I am not sure how cost would effect your decision, but I would imagine that this would give you the low ration you want and be plenty tough.

My choice will be Marlin....and the only bad thing I've ever heard about him is delivery, his products are top-notch. I like the short length of his adapters, the relatively smaller size (vs. the 203 range box), and the fact you can start with stock mini gear reduction and add in the 4.0 or 4.7 low gears later if you choose...

Just thought I'd post here to resurect the oldest post still active today.....

Back to the top!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom