Marlin Crawler clutch kit, TPI, or CCOT er what?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an april 1976 FJ40 that I am in need of a clutch kit for...any of the above recommended or somebody else? I put about 150 miles on a year, which is all from plowing snow in my driveway, and back and forth to my hunting spot. I don't think I need a centerforce or anything along that route, but I am open to options. Should I be considering any other maintenance or upgrades while I am at it? Thanx.

How about an OEM clutch? They are more expensive, but plowing snow puts a lot of stress on the clutch, and components. Not really the miles, but the use. Make sure you resurface the flywheel for your new clutch, and check the rear main while you're there.

Hi All:

Consider Cruiseroutfitters, they are a MUD supporting vender and can supply most all of your Land Cruiser parts needs.

Cruiser Outfitters

Good luck!

Alan

Any other help??

This is what I did back in 2008:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/241219-quick-clutch-replacement-question.html

I have been very pleased.

I just now surfed to Autohaus, put in 76 Landcruiser, loaded my cart with Aisin friction disc, Aisin pressure plate, Koyo release bearing, and Nachi pilot bearing. It was $169.49 w/ free shipping.

I think the only thing you will get in a "kit" that is not included in what I did is the alignment tool. They are not expensive... $5 or $6.

Good luck. You can do it.

I just now surfed to Autohaus, put in 76 Landcruiser, loaded my cart with Aisin friction disc, Aisin pressure plate, Koyo release bearing, and Nachi pilot bearing. It was $169.49 w/ free shipping.

Aisin would be OEM. I think that quality would be what you need for your extreme application. A great price as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom