Marlin Crawl Box. Should I? (1 Viewer)

Count the bolts on the rear output . 7 bolts for gear drive, 5 for chain. (You want 7) Thats a foward shift case (rails come out the front vs a shifter out the top) it will work, but you would have to convert it to a top shift. People make kits for that.
Hey bud! What tcase is it I want? W56?
I looked at my crawlbox in my 86 4Runner
Looks like a top shift...I guess I want the same for the second box, w56?
Or do I just buy a new one with adapter and 2.28 off the trail gear website and also a set of 4.70 to put in my stock box.?

Close! A w56 is a transmission. The t case youre after is a RF1A. But yes, youll need a 2nd top shift case.

1617882290614.png

Heres a bunch of wicked good info:

1617882181411.png

I like your plan of the crawl box and the gears for your case. That drops total tcase reduction down to 10.7:1. But even stock duals are great (5.29:1) , and you can always add the lower gears later.

If your ordering TG stuff, you can usually get it a little cheaper through summit racing with free shipping.

love some good transfercase talk in the morning. Haha.

Close! A w56 is a transmission. The t case youre after is a RF1A. But yes, youll need a 2nd top shift case.

View attachment 2638974

View attachment 2638972

I like your plan of the crawl box and the gears for your case. That drops total tcase reduction down to 10.7:1. But even stock duals are great (5.29:1) , and you can always add the lower gears later.

If your ordering TG stuff, you can usually get it a little cheaper through summit racing with free shipping.

thanks man, i decided i would put 4.70 in my original rear case and have 2.28 in the new case in the middle. and im already 5.29 so thats good. also got a $300 gift certificate i won at fall gathering that will go towards the duel skid plate

View attachment 2638974

View attachment 2638972

And so it has begun
rf1a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom