Marlin Crawl Box. Should I? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Count the bolts on the rear output . 7 bolts for gear drive, 5 for chain. (You want 7) Thats a foward shift case (rails come out the front vs a shifter out the top) it will work, but you would have to convert it to a top shift. People make kits for that.
Hey bud! What tcase is it I want? W56?
I looked at my crawlbox in my 86 4Runner
Looks like a top shift...I guess I want the same for the second box, w56?
Or do I just buy a new one with adapter and 2.28 off the trail gear website and also a set of 4.70 to put in my stock box.?

Close! A w56 is a transmission. The t case youre after is a RF1A. But yes, youll need a 2nd top shift case.

1617882290614.png

Heres a bunch of wicked good info:

1617882181411.png

I like your plan of the crawl box and the gears for your case. That drops total tcase reduction down to 10.7:1. But even stock duals are great (5.29:1) , and you can always add the lower gears later.

If your ordering TG stuff, you can usually get it a little cheaper through summit racing with free shipping.

love some good transfercase talk in the morning. Haha.

Close! A w56 is a transmission. The t case youre after is a RF1A. But yes, youll need a 2nd top shift case.

View attachment 2638974

View attachment 2638972

I like your plan of the crawl box and the gears for your case. That drops total tcase reduction down to 10.7:1. But even stock duals are great (5.29:1) , and you can always add the lower gears later.

If your ordering TG stuff, you can usually get it a little cheaper through summit racing with free shipping.

thanks man, i decided i would put 4.70 in my original rear case and have 2.28 in the new case in the middle. and im already 5.29 so thats good. also got a $300 gift certificate i won at fall gathering that will go towards the duel skid plate

View attachment 2638974

View attachment 2638972

And so it has begun
rf1a.jpg

Its totally worth it. Im running a doubler with 2.28/4.7 gears and the options are awesome.

Check out Advance adapters for the doubler adapter. you can get them through poly preformance for around $370 I think.

Heres my 2.28/4.7 full 23 spline doubler to go behind a v6
BeaC6FBl.jpg

Driveshafts made from 2.5"schedule 40 fit the stock joints well.

vzYxu0Ol.jpg

Happy to answer any doubler questions, Ive done a few of them.

This is a marlin doubler that is clocked 10* that I did a few months ago.

Yqb9GrMl.jpg
Hey bud. Hope your doing well. I have a question for you. I just finished building my marlin crawler duelcases. Before installing them onto my transmission I figured now is a good time to remove my transmission and take care of that rear main oil seal. I also went ahead and ordered a new clutch and heavy weight fly wheel. My question is once I have done those two jobs should I mount the transfer case to the transmission and then try and lift it all into place onto the back of the motor? Or should I install the transmission first and bolt it to the motor and then after that bolt my transfer a case to the transmission so it’ll be a two-step process and a little bit lighter.
Thoughts?

Hey bud. Hope your doing well. I have a question for you. I just finished building my marlin crawler duelcases. Before installing them onto my transmission I figured now is a good time to remove my transmission and take care of that rear main oil seal. I also went ahead and ordered a new clutch and heavy weight fly wheel. My question is once I have done those two jobs should I mount the transfer case to the transmission and then try and lift it all into place onto the back of the motor? Or should I install the transmission first and bolt it to the motor and then after that bolt my transfer a case to the transmission so it’ll be a two-step process and a little bit lighter.
Thoughts?

For me, on my back in my garage, its easier to lift the trans up and bolt it in, then the cases.

I also dont have a real transmission jack. So maybe with on a lift with a real jack and a few extra sets of hands, id put them in as one piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom