Marlin Camper Trailers: Are these as awesome as I think??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone familiar with these camper trailers? They look pretty spiffy. At only 600 lbs looks like an easy tow behind a 60 too. The large Model is 11,500 usd and comes in at 1000 lbs also an easy tow behind the 60. Just won 2020 Best camper under $20,000 usd. Rather impressive this lil unit.

Last edited:
Anyone familiar with these camper trailers? They look pretty spiffy. At only 1000 lbs looks like an easy tow behind a 60 too.

looks like it has possibilties , but the shipping would be a kick in nads is my thinking

looks like it has possibilties , but the shipping would be a kick in nads is my thinking
11k ish USD seems amazingly "cheap" ...looks like a helluva set up. Shipping price crossed my mind...lolol. I emailed em...would be awesome if a Distributor in the States happened. I think it has massive market potential.

I'm OVERLY interested in 1 of these :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I've contacted the Company and trying to nail down shipping. At 600lbs its verrrrry appealing as I can also tow it behind my Avalon. At $7,600 usdthere is literally NOTHING comparable. Man I love this!!! Id love a roof top tent ...if i was 15-20years younger + not waking up 3 Xs nite to piss...up done the ladder skurrrrs me!!!

1617817308387.png

1617817333172.png

1617817366395.png

If that were in my budget I think I'd opt for the pop top roof mod instead and a sleeping platform.

If that were in my budget I think I'd opt for the pop top roof mod instead and a sleeping platform.
I hear ya... just kinda prefer a base camp that i dnt have take down/set up every time I wanna go do smthn. Pop up still requires climbing...

I have a Turtleback Adventure model that looks like essentially the same thing. I believe it is exactly the same tent and layout, but The Turtleback version is heavier, but still comfortable towing behind my 62.

We love the layout. The bed is easy to climb into, and there is room for dogs, kids, whatever "downstairs". Also plenty of room to cook/eat inside if the weather is bad. We got the bare bones version with just the tent and the trailer as an empty box.

I have a Turtleback Adventure model that looks like essentially the same thing. I believe it is exactly the same tent and layout, but The Turtleback version is heavier, but still comfortable towing behind my 62.

We love the layout. The bed is easy to climb into, and there is room for dogs, kids, whatever "downstairs". Also plenty of room to cook/eat inside if the weather is bad. We got the bare bones version with just the tent and the trailer as an empty box.
Wowowwowo...nifty. Starts at $17k and hits $28k for upgrades. That a rather huge difference of $7500 + shipping. Depending on shipping cost of course. Is it nicer? Prlly...is it 21k nicer...IDK about all that. For me 1 of he awesome things is the Marlin is only 600lbs and can be pulled easily by my Avalon...I cldn't find an exact weight of the TB but def heavier maybe 1300lbs.

That is the closest thing i've seen ...except the rather large price difference. I've looked ALOT...and there is a large void in the US mkt for anything in the $10,000 range that actually looks as comfy as this does ...for me.

IS yours abv the trailer or attached to the trailer? I kinda like how the Marlin is actually attached to trailer top...and uses the trailer as the base of the bed.

Is yours "above" the trailer like this?

1617823738031.png

or on top of the trailer like this?
1617823758841.png

Not above the trailer, but part of the trailer lid. It is exactly the same OzTrail tent shown in your photo above.

Looking at their website this morning, It doesn't look like they sell them anymore. We got ours in March of 2019.

1617885337788.png

33596916768_7122a8c7e9_o.jpg

We had some teething pains with ours. When we purchased, TB was advertising that for 2019 they were upgrading to the Timbren axleless suspension. In fact, they told me that ours was the first unit with that they actually sold with that suspension. Unfortunately, it simply would not work with the 32" tires that come with it. There is a pretty tight height restriction in that the deck of the lid must be at a height where the tent wall comes down and the floor touches the ground. As delivered, this aspect was perfect, but the tires were rubbing in the fender wells with the trailer empty. Turtlback sent us some different spindles from Timbren, but at the time they were only available in 4" increments. So we drove it for a year with essentially a 4" lift. This solved the rubbing, but the deck was too high, and the corner where the tent floor met the wall on the trailer side was 4" off the ground. This works, but looks weird and always felt like it was putting stress on the tent fabric. We ended up putting the original spindles back on and buying smaller tires. That has worked out perfectly so far.

Not above the trailer, but part of the trailer lid. It is exactly the same OzTrail tent shown in your photo above.

Looking at their website this morning, It doesn't look like they sell them anymore. We got ours in March of 2019.

View attachment 2638993
ya...dont think they sell em anylonger setup on the trailer :/ question: do you do any colder weather/winter camping....is it "warm" enought to to do? Small heater maybe?

My buddy has the “jumping jack camper “ it’s pretty awesome. Definitely worth checking out.
it does look awesome...except it weighs 2500lbs opposed to 600lbs. And its $8000 without a kitchen. Layout seems slighty less useful as well as it uses the actual trailer storage space as living spaace. Little things and prlly individual taste prefernce...

Last edited:
it does look awesome...except it weighs 2500lbs opposed to 600lbs. And its $8000 without a kitchen. Layout seems slighty less useful as well as it uses the actual trailer storage space as living spaace. Little things and prlly individual taste prefernce...
I recently saw some info and setup videos of these Marlin trailers. I agree the lightweight spec, simplicity, storage and interior space under roof is quite nice. Impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom