1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark's Split case adapters

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Vortec62, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Vortec62

Vortec62

I've got an ATF oil leak somewhere between my xmission and my t-case. I am currently running two adapters...both of which I got from AA. One (made by AA) changes the 6 bolt pattern on my 4L60E to a 4 bolt pattern similar to a 700R4. The other (made be Mark's) adapts the 700R4 to the FJ62 split case. I can not find the source of the leak but examination of the mating surfaces between the adpaters/xmission/t-case don't show signs of the leak. The Mark's adapter seems to be where most of the oil is collecting which leads me to think that the oil is coming out through porosity in the aluminum casting. Has anyone ever had this problem? I am in the middle of taking the t-case and marks adpater out of the truck for other reasons so I will be able to examine a little closer. If it is the casting itself that is leaking what is the best way to fix it? Now that it is impregnated with ATF is anyone going to be able to get a good weld going on the aluminum. Should I slather epoxy all over it?

Thanks for any (good :D) advice.

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Well,

If you are going to have someone weld the adapter someplace, you will prove, or disprove your porosity hypothisis pretty quickly...

Is there a sealed bearing between the trans and the t-case? Could the oil be getting past this bearing?

Good luck!

-Steve