Mark's Off Road Warehouse Fire Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer Mark; hope your insurance will come through for some of it anyway.

Meeting with agent this afternoon. Some preliminary bull**** about percentage of sq ft rented vs personal use. :rolleyes:

Good luck Mark. This is just a terrible turn of events considering the conversation we had at CMCC 2016.

Maybe the door that is now left open?

I hope everything works out Mark....so was that the new guitar :( ?

No Brian, that was not the new guitar. The one I brought to CMCC is an Ibanez. The smoked one was a Washburn.

I have five new skylights, compliments of the LAFD. Only one is even in the room where the fire was.
image.jpeg

holycow..

Sorry to hear about this Mark. Keep your head up!

WOW.

I'm putting a few rum and cokes down for you.

;)

You're all heart....no, ...

You're all liver! Haha!

A big rolloff dumpster should be here shortly, and an old friend will help me clear out the bulk of the remaining debris. Then it will be safe enough to think about having help.

Sad...good luck to you Mark.

John

So now the red tape starts.

When my dad bought this building, I was 19 years old. After having proven my construction skills on other people's stuff for three years, he was willing to turn me loose on the warehouse. I built my second bathroom from scratch here, my first drop ceiling, first wielded a sawzall here to put in a doorway, etc.
When I brought that same sawzall back in on Monday to start squaring up the holes in the roof, it was a bittersweet homecoming. I spent the next 19 years of my life fixing and building things here for my dad. It was one of the ways we bonded, and one of the ways I proved myself as a son.

I have responded to this tragedy as tho my dad were still here. He would have just said 'fix it.' So, I just went into fix it mode. Now the insurance company says wait.

Last edited:
Maybe I can get a few bucks from Overland Journal for a 'survivor' shot:
image.jpeg

Almost got to the bike.

Hi Mark.
Im sorry to hear about this.
If there is anything I can help-with let me know...

Frank

Off to Toyota heaven:
image.jpeg

I doubt anything inside the fridge is still cold:
image.jpeg

Damn. Sorry, Mark.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom