Mark's Off Road Warehouse Fire Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Thursday the 21st there was a fire of unknown origin at my warehouse. My shop is ok (3miles away), but my warehouse was heavily damaged. I lost a little bit of merchandise to fire damage, a bit more to water damage. Fortunately the fire was limited to the smallest of the three rooms I occupied at the warehouse.

As fate would have it, I went to the warehouse for a routine visit, and arrived just after the fire was suppressed, in total shock mode. Before I could reach the firemen to find out what happened the a****** opportunist board-up people [there were over a half-dozen company reps on site] were all over me. It was all I could do to get them off of me. Totally disgusting.

My mother owns the warehouse, and my time and energy has now shifted into triage mode of securing the premises, as well as coordinating and implementing repairs to the property myself. Fortunately for me, I have over three decades of experience in property maintenance and repairs and have the skills, the tools, and a current business license for construction repairs. Fxxx those asshat sharks.

Bottom line: until we determine what the insurance company will and won't take care of, I have to proceed as though we are uninsured. There are no time-outs on vandalism. My time for running Mark's Off Road is almost gone. My wife is still very capable of helping me ship stuff [our standard MO] but I don't have any time for rebuilding.

In my dream world, you all would continue to leave messages for your parts needs [not the unobtanium stuff every one else has run out of] and give me a chance to return calls in my now book-ended days, either calling early in the day, or late in the day. If I've got it, and I can get to it easily, I'd love to sell it to you and not have to take as big of a financial hit while I'm helping my mom get the property stabilized.

Everything is SO preliminary at this point. I'd like to think I can get through all of it in a month, but I just don't know.

As my sig line so often indicates, thank you for your patience...and your patronage.

AS ALWAYS, PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH BUSINESS QUESTIONS. I use a telephone to conduct my business. Thank you.

Last edited:
Pics
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

If you're local and interested in a band saw, portable sandblaster, floor jack, car ramps, let me know.
image.jpeg
Oh yeah trans jack too

Last edited:
**** that sucks, I hope you can recover from this as soon as possible! Hell, I wish I was nearby, I would stop in and help.

Damn.

Wow.

' Fire of unknown origin...' Anything suspicious?

I tried to drive by on my way to work, the 1st day, and traffic control wouldn't let me onto Chandler... I could see a couple of LAPD SUVs in front of the place.

It's like a Library has been lost.

Dug this out from an adjacent room a few minutes ago. Wall art now.
image.jpeg

I've got one NOS Conferr rack here still in the wrapper. 42x72. $300obo.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Still have those Ironman 60 rear springs. They could use a bump.
image.jpeg

Part of my ceiling and my roof next to them. No fire or heat damage to the springs.

Sorry to hear about this setback. You are an important person to LC community and it sucks to see negative things happen to you.

My life is all about the karma. See discussion in chat on Shopclass As Soulcraft.

FJ45 to the rescue!
image.jpeg

**** that sucks, I hope you can recover from this as soon as possible! Hell, I wish I was nearby, I would stop in and help.

Damn.

What Ryan said, Mark!!

I know you didn't need more work... Take up the local MUDders kind offers of help and don't forget to take time to get out and enjoy your public lands!!!

If you can find a cool place to visit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom