Mark's Off Road-no new service work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
[NOTE! IT IS MY INTENTION TO UPDATE THIS THREAD FROM TIME TO TIME AS I NEED A TIME-OUT]
AS OF MARCH 28, 2016 I AM AVAILABLE FOR WORK. ]

(October 15, 2015) I had a long talk with my wife about this last night. I have been half-joking for most of this year that if the phone didn't ring for a year, I'd still have plenty to do. Well the fact is that I am closer to my saturation point than I would like to be. My attitude hasn't changed since I joined the Internet in 2003: make enough money to pay the bills and KEEP IT FUN! I think if I put a 'hold' on taking in any more work for now, I can keep it that way. I have SO MANY interesting projects lined up on the horizon already, I would be a fool to tempt fate.

If I haven't already made arrangements to do something for you, I will have to defer. I will reassess the situation after Thanksgiving, but at this point, don't expect a change until after New Years.

Parts fulfillment will still be available on the same awkward basis as always.:rolleyes:

Again, thank you one and all. When I watch and hear of others who are struggling, I know how fortunate I am to have this option.

Best

Mark

Last edited:
So have you trained your replacement(s) yet? :D I feel your pain, had to cut back myself last year and this year. Family and personal happiness comes first... Best of luck!

I have had a GREAT run of work since the beginning of the year, and I'm ready for a little R&R. I will be in Death Valley from March 16- March 27. I will not be taking any new service work between now and when I leave. I will take parts orders up until March 14. My wife will ship out all pending orders for me while I am gone.

Thanks again for your patience, and your patronage. I can't tell you how much I value the extra credibility of being indepndendently subsidized in my land use efforts (as opposed to being someone's paid mouthpiece) In the final administrative challenges to Washington's efforts to designate two million acres of California deserts as Development Focus Areas for solar and wind projects, 43 formal protest letters were filed for review by the State office of the BLM. I closed my shop for two days last week to attend one of my Desert Advisory Council meetings, at which it was announced that mine was the one protest letter they had to send back to Washington to deal with. Even the Sierra Club attendee at the meeting was impressed.

:cheers:

Stay tuned: BIG news on the land use front.

I won!:bounce:

I successfully challenged the alternative energy program in the California Desert, and the government has now delayed the decision on the plan for a few more months in order to resolve the issues I brought up.;)

California- Additional Comment period opens on ACECs in the DRECP

When I circulated my final protest letter to the other land use advocates in my circle, every one of them added comments in support of my letter to their own. Unfortunately, no one else had understood the merits of my arguments earlier, and I was the only one with 'standing' to pursue them in the final protest. This also means I am the only one with standing to sue the government over the issue if it is not adequately resolved.:(

Congratulations! I won't pretend to understand all the land issues faced with the western states, but do understand how important it is for someone to fight back. As always, if it weren't for a few, the rest of us wouldn't have anywhere to show our kids.

Thank You and keep up the good fight.

I'm in Death Valley enjoying what I'm fighting for:
image.jpeg

Congrats! I've been away for a while but I was VERY happy to read that your efforts have paid off. Thank you so much for your continued persistence and good luck going forward. I know what an uphill battle it is to deal with land and water issues in the Federal level. Keep up the good work!

Next land use meeting is on Thursday. Everyone wants to know what I' m gonna do for an encore!

Opening post updated. The doctor is in.

FWIW I have an SOP of turning off my answering machine when I go out of town. It's less frustrating to me then returning to find the limited space filled by automated messages and peeps who have already purchased elsewhere by the time I can call them back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom