Mark's Off Road Warehouse Fire Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, where ever that is, at least it looks like they don't get a whole lot of rain ... ;)

LOL! A brief but heavy storm rolled through Tuesday afternoon and dumped a half inch of rain in two hours!

The ceiling was already heavily damaged, which was the reason for executing a permanent solution.

Ha. Wormdrive. Sounds so Star Trekish.

But I bet it went through those 2x8s like butter.

It's funny how certain tools are sort of regionalish. Like wormdrive saws are almost non-existant on the east coast of Canada, but here in the west they are the saw of choice. And framing hammers, east coast use the traditional claw type and pockets of the west use those new fangled designer heads.

Sorry. Your then prior post cited "35 years worth of bootyfab construction". Should any of your fine work tend towards the creative, do what I do, credit the PO.

Sorry. Your then prior post cited "35 years worth of bootyfab construction". Should any of your fine work tend towards the creative, do what I do, credit the PO.

See, that’s what I don’t get: I am working on someone ELSES house, not my own. I did not know her in the time frame when all that ‘creativity ‘ took place. If I had, I would have done my best to suppress those creative urges. :rolleyes:

Are you rollin' in the new sleeper van?

Are you rollin' in the new sleeper van?

Yes, we got to try out the new digs on Saturday. I discovered my folding futon isn’t fully up to snuff. Will try augmenting it on the next outing with a Thermorest pad.

Well, I haven’t worked that hard since...last summer! But my friend’s flat roof is no longer flat.

3A0D6979-FA7D-4FD1-8373-C557563A8967.jpeg

49BD3445-A390-4C83-A764-44AFFD8A5DFE.jpeg

It was 96 degrees yesterday when I rolled out the felt. o_O

I stayed fully hydrated for the duration, and apparently worked off two pounds in the course of the 8 working days it took to strip, frame and cover the roof.

I will be back in the shop today. I will not be answering the phone.

Nothing much new to report at Mark’s Off Road. Just lining my ducks up to get the roof on my shop replaced. This is one I cannot do myself.

But in the meantime, I did finish my friend’s roof this morning
3ECF3B3B-B8CB-44CD-86BE-D2424BB38341.jpeg

Mark, I redid a roof on our rental property last year. It was a 12/12 and my fawking legs and back were killing me. I even had a young fella to do the lifting of the bundles up the ladder. I swore it was my last roof.

But, time dims the pain and find myself looking at properties that may need a new roof and I think I have one more left in me.

I'm a fawking idiot. A sucker for punishment.

If I lived close to you you know I'd be there helping. I'm an idiot.

Mark, I redid a roof on our rental property last year. It was a 12/12 and my fawking legs and back were killing me. I even had a young fella to do the lifting of the bundles up the ladder. I swore it was my last roof.

But, time dims the pain and find myself looking at properties that may need a new roof and I think I have one more left in me.

I'm a fawking idiot. A sucker for punishment.

If I lived close to you you know I'd be there helping. I'm an idiot.

Many years ago I coined the aphorism: when your aspirations meet your limitations, the one you embrace defines you.

Among other things, it’s how we remind ourselves that we are not on the downhill slope.

And yes, I too still think I have one more roof in me.

P.S. The van is working out well.

"when your aspirations meet your limitations, the one you embrace defines you." ~ Mark A.

I like this ... i'll need to quote you on my pondering thoughts page

you do not want to be doing roofs... a friend recently fell off when we were replacing his brothers roof, fractured his leg so bad they are contemplating removing it. That was NOT a fun day

It occurred to me last week that I opened my shop right after I turned 29. Now I am 58. So even not counting the years in the home garage, I have officially owned and operated my own business for half my life. I guess that’s kind of a milestone.

It occurred to me last week that I opened my shop right after I turned 29. Now I am 58. So even not counting the years in the home garage, I have officially owned and operated my own business for half my life. I guess that’s kind of a milestone.
The LC world is a much better place as a result. Thanks Mark and thanks for sharing your knowledge with us idiots.

🍻

@65swb45

6.6 Earthquake in Ridgecrest --

@65swb45

6.6 Earthquake in Ridgecrest --

Yes, we left Ridgecrest at 8 am after having breakfast with Sam. She was in the market shopping for a camping trip and a sign fell on her. Concussion and whiplash.

We just left Tom’s Place for Mammoth.

Last edited:
Wow. It even shook pretty good here in the Valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom