Mark's Off Road Warehouse Fire Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting ready to leave Rapid City after a very nice stay. We managed to hook up with @Poser for a couple of hours Thursday morning, and in true Poser style he stuffed my ice chest with quality microbrews for the rest of the trip!:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
A8FC2525-4851-47F0-8B64-3B903B8553F3.jpeg

Last edited:
Headed on to Souix Falls for the night before the drive across SD to Rapid City to meet @Redgrrr. While we were at the store shopping for incidentals, he texted me and hooked me up with another local cruiserhead named Caleb, and Tina and I spent the better part of the afternoon hanging out with Caleb and his family. He’s got one of those garage-mahal mancaves to die for. I did my best not to show any jealousy.

Then we went downtown and met Edgar for dinner. Typical cool old town charm
5DC22DE8-93C8-49B0-9E63-AB9D2711E486.jpeg

Spent the rest of the evening hanging with Edgar and talking cruiserhead sheit. He’s got a bitchin troopie with a pop-up tent, and a young family that will put it to good use. Look forward to seeing some pics of that.

Really nice to meet you and get to know a little more about a Cruiser brother. If there was any doubt in any ones minds, I can confirm from firsthand experience: Edgar has the fever!
541CB906-C26A-4721-9B43-90699043B25D.jpeg

It was great to meet you and Tina! Safe Travels Mark. Hope to see you on the trails someday, come back for the Classic one of these years.

Talking about my tube project in the garage was some good motivation to get it done. The mutt 40 will have its day soon.

All settled in for the evening, relaxing with another fine brew from the finest cooler in MN. Thanks again Steve @Poser
7660685E-7991-4993-B1F1-4ABE478546E7.jpeg

After leaving Rapid City, we drove out to Sheridan and hand delivered a Mark’s Off Road rebuilt carburetor to @Rigger. We shared lunch with half his family before I did a quick once over on his ‘69. Obligatory pic next to project Hard Ways.
DE2AABA8-E5FC-42AA-AB3A-1485B6CEB39B.jpeg

Last edited:
Then we piled on some more miles to Bozeman MT for the night . Took a leisurely drive in the morning up to Helena to meet up with Paul and Esther and their beautiful 3 puppies. We had met down in Bozeman nine years ago when Tina and I last trekked across America (remember the carburetor tug-of-war scene in Jim C’s front yard.)

This time we had the pleasure of staying in their newly remodeled house and got to see the almost-finished results of their kitchen remodel, which is in another league from my office remodel. We toasted the occasion with...

another one of @Poser fine microbrews!

741F18C1-7365-420C-86FD-9C39042C00A6.jpeg

Last edited:
Of course it’s really hard to NOT get involved in cruisers when you’re hanging with another great cruiserhead. I offered to help install the custom carb I had shipped up to Paul a few weeks earlier, before I knew I was going to be going on this road trip. Paul’s rig wasn’t ready for it, so we just got down to some fun ‘name this obscure part’ trivia, along with talking about life in general. We had a great lunch at a local dive (forgot to take a pic of the awesome burger for my son-in-law, who would seriously fly across country for the ‘right’ burger) and then we went for a cushy scenic drive in their 2008 Cruiser.

The next morning, just before we were going to leave, Paul made me an offer I couldn’t refuse on an 81FJ40 front axle, and the next thing I know we’re up to our elbows in grease tearing the thing down to fit in the back of the truck with all the other stuff I’d already picked up.
09644B08-4CA3-467F-B33E-A7C8386B9345.jpeg

Just getting ready to leave Rapid City after a very nice stay. We managed to hook up with @Poser for a couple of hours Thursday morning, and in true Poser style he stuffed my ice chest with quality microbrews for the rest of the trip!:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:View attachment 1719357

Yup, @Poser is a class act.

But what's up with the beard Steve? Hiding from the cops? :D

We finally tore ourselves away from the their awesome hospitality around noon and made our way to Pocatello for the night. I pinged Kurt about the possibility of lunch today, and he of course suggested we meet at the Heritage Museum. So we did.

It truly is the finest collection of Landcruisers the world will ever see. And @cDan gets paid to show them to people. Tough gig! :p

I didn’t take any pics, but @cruiseroutfit has one he’d be glad to share with the world. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom