Market Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ll be selling my 97. I don’t see a better forum than this one to ask, so hope I don’t break a rule here. It’s been a great vehicle, basically a member of our family. Before I just dump it as a trade-in, I’d like to try to sell it to someone who appreciates it. Guidance would be appreciated.

$60,400.00

I’ll be selling my 97. I don’t see a better forum than this one to ask, so hope I don’t break a rule here. It’s been a great vehicle, basically a member of our family. Before I just dump it as a trade-in, I’d like to try to sell it to someone who appreciates it. Guidance would be appreciated.
Go on marketplace. See what other people are selling theirs 80s for in similar condition🤷🏻‍♀️.

Don't go for a trade in. Dealers won't pay the inflated prices that Land Cruiser enthusiasts will.

Post it up in the classifieds section with several photos, maintenance history, etc. "$20k OBO".

Last edited:
@jcope … sorry you need to sell your truck. Sounds like you have a lot of memories with it.

Prices have come down with the slowing of COVID. Check prices on Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, and eBay to get a general idea of where to price your truck.

Clean body, paint, lack of rust, mods, and documented maintenance should increase your asking price.

Post some pictures of the body, engine, suspension and frame so we can get a better idea of value.

When you decide on a price, suggest posting here in the classified section.

Thanks, guys! Good guidance. Just what I was after. I haven't sold many cars., and kind of dislike doing it.

These Land Cruisers are special, and I thought it would be better to have it go to someone who knows what they are getting. It's a little bit sentimental, but also I hate seeing good things go to waste. The trade-in offer was $5500, which is pretty ridiculous.

FYI, it's clean, in good shape, runs strong, needs paint and restoration on the driver's seat. Factory lockers (working) and 146K miles. I'll post in the classifieds on this site.

Where is it located?

Triple locked, not a rust bucket, and under 150k miles, well worth double the trade offer or more to the right buyer if you are patient.

Don't do the trade-in route. You'll get a lowball price because the dealer will know used 80's have good value retention and mark it up to a high number on the lot.

I think there's a mud classifieds section, but there are probably good online car selling places in the US. Here in Oz there's gumtree (basically Ebay) and Carsales. Be prepared for lots of people to try and lowball you and nitpick to get a reduced price.

This forum is exactly right on price wise. It is definitely a where between the two.

$60,400.00

For the OP - figure out what your vehicle has for options and add ons and find something similar that has sold, not currently for sale. The market has softened IMO, so look at recently sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom