Market Info - 80 Series & 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FYI for Cruiser fanatics. I am using this guy and just wanted to spread the word for anybody looking for 80 or 100 series.

I have a friend who is a contract car finder and I noticed in his list of cars a bunch of '93 to '00 Cruisers. He knows about the vin #'s on the body panels and the diff locks. There are 3 listed for this weeks sale, a '94 - Champagne with 133k miles, '96 WHite with 72k miles and '97 white with 68k miles. There are a ton of '98s t0 '00s. He is looking at the '94 for me. Basically you buy the vehicle at a huge discount and pay him a finders fee. That is all there is to it.

Market Info - Interesting the '97 80's are more expensive because people are looking for those. The '96 & '97 LX450s are cheaper than LCs of the same year and most have diff locks. The '98 and newer LX470s are more than compareable LCs.

His name is Jef Berger. His phone # is 919-671-1182 and his email is jefrei@hotmail.com

He is located in Chapel Hill, NC.

PS - Send me an email if you want the post sale prices on '94 to '97 LCs. roane3@hotmail.com

Most of the LX450's I've seen for sale in So. CA (and there are a lot of them) do not have the diff locks. Yes, I also noticed that '97 LC's w/ 120K mi in So. CA are going for $21-23K while '97 LX450's w/ 80K mi are going for $17-18K. Guess soccer moms w/o pockets deep enough for a new LX470 figure the LX450 will cost more to service?

Just a thought from my hunting but DON'T buy your cruiser in Cali, if that is where you live. Something about the Yupi factor drives the price through the roof. 1 1/2 years ago, In cali I was on the hunt and the prices were high. I ended up w/a 97, 45k on it, no roof racks (rust), no factory boards (suck), no security(problematic) no electric seats and electric accesories(suck, they break) and lockers, 20K cash, private party, but had to go all the way to frickin' virginia to get it.

Same rig in cali woulda been 25k no problem. Of course without all the creature comforts, it just might not have sold.

just my 2 cents

I'm in AZ now, but Cali has the best selection w/ the lowest miles since people there seem to change cars more often. Here, it seems all the 80s for sale have 120K mi or more and cost nearly as much. If the selection of 80s is no good, I might have to settle for a 100. :-[

You folks should buy your rigs in NJ. They are beater cheap here. Buddy of mine just picked up a 94 with factory lockers, under 100k miles from some old nag for $7,500. It's in great shape.

:cheers:

DLJ -

Congrats on your new ride. But do tell, please, where are you located (or, more to the point) - where did you purchase your rig?

The observations about Calif prices being among the highest are quite accurate. We're still seeing '97 40ths in the 70Ks for $20K+ !

Cheers, R -

You should have gone with the 94. I am only a little bit partial to it. ;)

Congrats on your new ride. :D

[quote author=Rogue link=board=2;threadid=1587;start=0#msg27002 date=1058307110]
You should have gone with the 94. I am only a little bit partial to it. ;)

Congrats on your new ride. :D
[/quote]
How much did you pay for your '94 Rogue? With elockers I assume?

Less then Junks buddy... :D

[quote author=Rogue link=board=2;threadid=1587;start=0#msg27306 date=1058399625]
Less then Junks buddy... :D
[/quote]
NO WAY!!!
That makes the 8k I'm offerring this guy in 10 minutes look like I'm getting ripped! :-[
There are a lot less cruisers w/ locks down and over here than it seems over there or up there. Around here, unless you live in the mountains, there isn't much need for the added traction.

I got a sweet deal though. I don't think anybody will come close to what I got, and that was almost 18 months ago.

Don't worry about it. 8k is a good deal.

Ok here goes as I hit enter I'm callin him with high hopes :-\.
Edit: As I expected he didn't take 8, he got his price from wholesale NADA blue book. When I told him what the Kelley BB value was (9.5K) he said he might have to lower his price but is not going to take 8 yet. So I told him the offer is there, call me back if you're interested. We'll see. :-\ after another couple of weeks of sitting he might be ready to talk more. ;)

How are you gonna sit for two weeks? Ouch! :(

Cruisin - you may get your deal. If you don't then it wasn't meant to happen. Cereal dude, there are tons of them up here and they keep getting cheaper. There's a dude in my neighborhood that's going to get back to me about his 97 by Fri. It has lockers and is totally a mall cruiser. Even has the bling bling Jaos bar ::) You would dig that. :flipoff2:

Junk - Where about's are you ?? In the North east??

Prices in North west seem higher.

My advise is that the more you talk up this cruiser on this forum the more likely somebody else is going to buy it first! :)

Junk :D"Mall Cruiser" :D TFF
BTW my dealer( Myers Auto Exchange) just picked up another '97 Black with tan leather 70some k....if anybody is looking. he is a fairly straight shooters as far as used SUV dealers go ;)

i 'm thinking he wants somewhere in the 14Ks for the '94 did ask about the 94.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom