Mark (MetalTech) stock 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers
SILVER Star
Threads
Can you tell me what's wrong with this pic?!? I think he needs to do a restoration! :flipoff2:

100_0700.jpg

Come om! I thought that HelloKitty knew his Cruisers? At least he finally came to a meeting...

100_0701.jpg

Geez you go to a club meeting for the first time in five months and your truck gets molested! It was freaking cold but I still drove my little stock crawler. Now funny thing about that bezel you know last week I took this photo to explain (sad) where the FJ name came from for some FJ Cruiser owners. (oh and most of the FJ Cruiser guys dont know they own a GSJ15)

stockeran7.jpg

This truck spent its last 12+ years before I got it last year on the local small private airport as a run about. They rarely drove it around town, mostly just all over the airport grounds. Bone stock down to the floor mats. The aircraft mechanics took care of it and it ran on nothing but avgas. Its fun driving a stocker it reminds me what got me into Cruisers in the first place.

SIDE NOTE: When I got the truck the bezel was upside down. This is why it has nice new hardware holding it on and clean threads so CreeperSLeeper-da-molester could have his way with my front end!

Mark

damn I dig that 40.......

hows it run on avgas?

Geez you go to a club meeting for the first time in five months and your truck gets molested! It was freaking cold but I still drove my little stock crawler. Now funny thing about that bezel you know last week I took this photo to explain (sad) where the FJ name came from for some FJ Cruiser owners. (oh and most of the FJ Cruiser guys dont know they own a GSJ15)

stockeran7.jpg

This truck spent its last 12+ years before I got it last year on the local small private airport as a run about. They rarely drove it around town, mostly just all over the airport grounds. Bone stock down to the floor mats. The aircraft mechanics took care of it and it ran on nothing but avgas. Its fun driving a stocker it reminds me what got me into Cruisers in the first place.

SIDE NOTE: When I got the truck the bezel was upside down. This is why it has nice new hardware holding it on and clean threads so CreeperSLeeper-da-molester could have his way with my front end!

Mark

Its a cranky bastard at start up
= you cant fire it up cold and expect it to drive like its warmed up. :rolleyes:

damn I dig that 40.......

hows it run on avgas?

John it runs real well. The "knock" LT is talking about is valve tick and not bottom end knock. It runs amazingly well, it starts and runs like a FJ40 should when it’s cold. Drives great with lots of power, odometer says 30K so probably like 130K I am sure. The little guy is a blast to drive. I forget you rap out the RPM real quick in 4th on small tires! I catch myself looking for that 5th gear at times. The plan with this one is all stock and original. Not much undoing is needed just some farmer welds on frame for a winch and rear tow mounts, easy in our shop to restore back to stock.

The best part of the avgas is how clean it its. It will not leave the shellac residue that auto gas will. Too bad it’s a good $2+ more per gallon. Since I have learned about it I have started using it for my lawn tools at home.

Mark

Avgas is leaded (100 octane low lead)- I don't know if this is going to cause long term effects on your lawn equipment or not, or on your truck engine - this truck being an airport runabout may really have only 30k miles on it - it may also rarely ever have reached normal operating temperature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom