Mark Levinson Radio w/Nav - ticking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

I bought an '01 LX470 a few weeks ago and radio doesnt' work and has a non-stop ticking sound from all the bigger door speakers.

NOthing works, Tape, CD, Radio.

CD and Tape make some sound, like a scratched record or something, but barely.

The PO gave me a new power antenna at the time of sale the old is is ripped out.

Do you guys think the missing antenna might be causing everything not to work?

Or shoudl the Tape and CD work regardless of the antenna?

Do you think it's a bad amp?

would love any leads. all the threads i can find talk about Non-Nav models.

The missing antenna would not cause the CD or tape deck not to work. Does the tape deck and radio illuminate? If I was in your shoes I would remove the navigation, install a new radio and bypass the amp. When you sell the parts you will make your money back.

The missing antenna would not cause the CD or tape deck not to work. Does the tape deck and radio illuminate? If I was in your shoes I would remove the navigation, install a new radio and bypass the amp. When you sell the parts you will make your money back.
thanks man. yeah the little screen illuminates. Since the Nav has the Climate controls built into it, it's not that easy to remove. the HVAC has a few buttons on the top of the Nav but then most of the controls actually happen on the screen. Have you come across any suitable swaps for this?

Yes, I removed mine, sold the parts they paid for the new stereo and speakers and left $500 in my pocket. Read about it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom